New to raising chicks in Wyoming!

WYChickMom

In the Brooder
Feb 21, 2019
Northwestern WY
Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We are new to chickens, haven't even purchased our first one!

What breeds do you have?
None yet, we hear Buffs are a good breed...
Looking for suggestions from the pros!

What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
We don't know yet but we are looking forward to raising 3-4 hens and fresh eggs!

What are some of your other hobbies?
Our children are 6 and 9, we have one dog (9lb rat terrier - will he pose a problem with our chicken raising??) and two dwarf/roborovski hamsters...we think one is pregnant, will get back to you on that...

Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

One of my dearest friends in N. Idaho raises chickens, always has and her fave resource is BYC, it's time for us to learn from the best! Thank you!

Welcome to BYC :frow:welcome
I breed brahmas!
They’re Gentle giants, very friendly, quiet,docile, good egg layers and they make great broodies being able to cover many eggs as they’re so big.
85A01D60-644F-4468-B192-3CD33D0ECDAD.jpeg
8131ABF2-CFCC-41D8-A2EE-79D6A7117AC7.jpeg
A758FBA0-CCE3-444D-ADA3-CD79133F6E98.jpeg

Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We are new to chickens, haven't even purchased our first one!

What breeds do you have?
None yet, we hear Buffs are a good breed...
Looking for suggestions from the pros!

What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
We don't know yet but we are looking forward to raising 3-4 hens and fresh eggs!

What are some of your other hobbies?
Our children are 6 and 9, we have one dog (9lb rat terrier - will he pose a problem with our chicken raising??) and two dwarf/roborovski hamsters...we think one is pregnant, will get back to you on that...

Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

One of my dearest friends in N. Idaho raises chickens, always has and her fave resource is BYC, it's time for us to learn from the best! Thank you!
:welcome
You are welcome to join us on the Wyoming Unite!!!! thread. Current page.

Back
Top Bottom