New to the Backyard Chickens community!

How many birds of a breed do you prefer buying?

• One bird per breed

• Multiple birds per breed

Results are only viewable after voting.

MysticalHen

In the Brooder
Mar 18, 2018
Hey eveybody! I just joined the backyardchickens forum and thought I’d introduce myself. I’m from a city family who owns chickens! We are fairly new to this as we have been caring for them for almost 1 year. We have 6 of them currently. Here’s some info on them...
Daphne-Welsummer-Hen-11mo
Hazel-Barred Plymouth Rock-Hen-11mo
Alice-Buff Orpington-Hen-8mo
Darla-Lavender Ameraucana-8mo
Sylvie-Silver Laced Wyandotte-Pullet-3wk
Gregory-Polish-Cockerel-3wk
So those are our chickens! We love them dearly. They are more of pets than livestock. Just with the added bonus of eggs. They live in a fenced off yard that is 1/4 of an acre. They are also fed the organic type of food. As well as chickens, we also have 1 dog and 4 cats. Here they are...
Lucy-Jack Russell Terrier Corgi mix-5yrs
Holly-DSH brown tabby-4yrs
Alex-Siamese Maine coon mix-4yrs
Theo-DMH orange tabby-10mo
Luna-DSH black-7mo
I am a huge animal lover and would love to hear about anyone else’s pets! Pictures are fun to look at too! Here are some I have...
82958AFF-D55D-4F26-AA08-1592D80744C3.jpeg
A80FED4A-EF8C-4828-8387-85523EE8E304.jpeg
DDC4F422-E0E3-4B4A-88BB-31D69CBDCC88.jpeg
5ACA2BA7-0E2E-4ACE-BBEC-B8C42C0C4A69.jpeg
B60FB868-1A77-4680-998D-A66A36338E6F.jpeg

G’Day from down under MysticalHen :frow Welcome!

Great pics! Thank you for sharing :clap

We have a black cat who is 9 years old, his name is Syba:

31 December 2017.jpg

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

If you would like to share more Pictures and Stories of your flock or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom