NEW What Ya Got Swap! Please see post #1 for rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, I thought I was waiting on pics from Penny Hen. Sorry for holding everyone up. I will claim mine on the drop spindle, if she still has it.

I have for offer

Thick chunky handknitted infinity cowls (your choice of color)

or

2 pints of your choice of Jam
Red Raspberry (wild berries)
Grape jelly (organic)
Peach jam(organic)
Peach jelly (organic)

or

Woven Paracord Archery wrist sling with leather attachment (your choice of colors)

I could also get several cuttings from my grapevine. I don't know what kind they are except that they make the best jelly and juice. I is a family vine and has been growing for over 65 years. I will be taking cuttings in the next few weeks to get starts for all the granddaughters.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I thought I was waiting on pics from Penny Hen. Sorry for holding everyone up. I will claim mine on the drop spindle, if she still has it.

I do I am sorry got caught up in some drama last week and then the cold weather and I was running around trying to keep the chickens, sheep and horse warm, fed and watered. I have two types of spindles. One type is wooden and I have them in top whirl and bottom whirls. The other kind is CD spindles. Again I can rig them top or bottom whirl. The difference: the CD's spin longer and truer as a rule. The wooden ones are more creative in design being painted and stained in several different ways. If you are spinning very, very fine yarn the best ones are the wooden top spindles for they spin almost as true as the CD's and weigh less so don't snap the delicate thread you are spinning. They wobble a bit at first until you wind the yarn onto them and then they stablize. I have also used a bowl to keep them from gyrating. Most of these I painted/stained a nut bowl to match the wooden top spindle. If that is what you want I will send one with a bowl.

I forgot whether you favored the white or the heathered light brown wool. Oh and PM me with your address.

Last edited:
I do I am sorry got caught up in some drama last week and then the cold weather and I was running around trying to keep the chickens, sheep and horse warm, fed and watered. I have two types of spindles. One type is wooden and I have them in top whirl and bottom whirls. The other kind is CD spindles. Again I can rig them top or bottom whirl. The difference: the CD's spin longer and truer as a rule. The wooden ones are more creative in design being painted and stained in several different ways. If you are spinning very, very fine yarn the best ones are the wooden top spindles for they spin almost as true as the CD's and weigh less so don't snap the delicate thread you are spinning. They wobble a bit at first until you wind the yarn onto them and then they stablize. I have also used a bowl to keep them from gyrating. Most of these I painted/stained a nut bowl to match the wooden top spindle. If that is what you want I will send one with a bowl.

I forgot whether you favored the white or the heathered light brown wool. Oh and PM me with your address.
Since I have never used a spindle before, I will leave it up to you on which one. Just surprise me on the whole lot. lol

Since I have never used a spindle before, I will leave it up to you on which one. Just surprise me on the whole lot. lol

CD spindle it is then. They are the best for learning. That real fine thread spinning is for after you get good. I still can't spin it on a wheel I have to use a drop spindle if I am going to be able to control the drafting of the fibers that finely.

I would be interested in the grape jelly and a few grapevine cuttings if I can trade eggs from the Sebbies or Calls. They haven't started laying yet though. If that is acceptable someone let me know. The Sebbies are white and curly- Holderreads, Pips and Peeps, and my own. The calls are snowy and we have a pair of white coming that are Lee Morey.

Let me know if this is okay.

It would be 2 Sebbie eggs or ? Call- would it be 6? If so the whites would be a little old but could mix with the snowy. Both groups of calls are separated thus eggs will be pure.

Cannot get pics to post but have some on my phone if you will PM your telephone number, I can text them to you.

Last edited:
I have for offer

Thick chunky handknitted infinity cowls (your choice of color)

or

2 pints of your choice of Jam
Red Raspberry (wild berries)
Grape jelly (organic)
Peach jam(organic)
Peach jelly (organic)

or

Woven Paracord Archery wrist sling with leather attachment (your choice of colors)

I could also get several cuttings from my grapevine. I don't know what kind they are except that they make the best jelly and juice. I is a family vine and has been growing for over 65 years. I will be taking cuttings in the next few weeks to get starts for all the granddaughters.

if you are claiming the grape jelly and cuttings, pm me your address. They will be sent when I receive what I claimed.

If you are offering the eggs up for swap, I will call mine on the 2 sebbie eggs and offer up the same as before: (just made the grape yesterday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom