New winter coop finished!! Upgrades on my BYC page.

Quote:
Love the coop and the pictures. Curious, how do you actually rotate the chickens between the two pastures? I can't tell from the pictures. We want to do something similar, but on a bit of a larger scale (they'll have a quarter acre and 3 pastures), but we're trying to decide the best way to open from the run into the pastures. I'm thinking we might just need 3 chicken doors.

Wow! Very nice!!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Both chicken pastures, the existing run and the garden all come together in a corner right at the new chicken run door. I just have to move a 3 foot section of fencing from one side of the chicken run door to the other to let the chickens in pasture #1 or pasture #2. Or I can open up the garden to them in the fall and they have access to pastures and the garden.

I orginally thought I needed two doors for the run until my neighbors 8 year old kid suggested that I move back the garden fence a little so that the chickens can back and forth between pasture #1 and pasture #2.
hu.gif
I sat there for a minute and said "that is a great idea" Funny I did not think of that.

The grand plan one day is to rotate the garden to pasture #1 and make the garden into a pasture and rotate back and forth between them every 5 years or so.

Back
Top Bottom