New York mini chickenstock 2016

they are adorable - with extra EXTRA feathers on their feet - Millie is the coloring - they are D'Uccle bantams .... BUT I got out of them - as I had to make a choice in what to concentrate on .... I want them ALL - but don't have room to keep pure breeders of them all.

love.gif

However - it was good to start with a whole bunch of different kinds - and now after many years - I have finally made my final choices .... So you can start off with lots - so the idea of splitting the dozen is actually a pretty good idea.

they are adorable - with extra EXTRA feathers on their feet - Millie is the coloring - they are D'Uccle bantams .... BUT I got out of them - as I had to make a choice in what to concentrate on .... I want them ALL - but don't have room to keep pure breeders of them all.

:love

However - it was good to start with a whole bunch of different kinds - and now after many years - I have finally made my final choices  ....    So you can start off with lots - so the idea of splitting the dozen is actually a pretty good idea.  

I enable you to try several breeds as well. I agree with Metella here. I decided against the Marans pure myself. I have the rainbow flock described in my signature. I had grand plans of keeping purebreeds. I still hope to develop the Brabanters and maybe some Brahmas or Ameraucanas. However, my original ladies are all barnyard mixes and I love them.

Well I have 9 acres with neighbors that love fresh eggs so my childrenitis can go a while longer before needing treated. Lol. ;) My husband has agreed that in the next 2 years I can have the entire barn. Its 24×24 and 2 story. So ideally I could split it between breeds for hatching season. That's a lot of breeds, or a bunch of a few breeds. Who knows. I like my leghorn girls for dependability, but they are not very neat looking.

Who knows, I just might be forced to buy a couple from all of you. Its a good thing I don't have an addictive personality or I might be in trouble here. Everyone is an enabler in this place. ♡ the chickens though, what beats a pet that is also income.

Do they live well with big girls? I can only have bantam if I can put them in general population. Everyone will be out together except for during breeding.

Mine live in a coop with RIRs. They have a separate roosting area so they don't get picked on. They mingle in with everyone, some more than others. They fly up high if they need to get out of the way. They really are chatty little things, especially George the head rooster - he chatters all the time!

1 Hour drive for me, I should be there! Hubby is a social butterfly, as is my 5 year old. They will likely come with me, but will know more when it gets closer.

Just found this, thanks to Pyxis for posting in the NY thread.

ChickenGirl - if you have extra blackcaps, I would like 2.

1 Hour drive for me, I should be there!  Hubby is a social butterfly, as is my 5 year old.  They will likely come with me, but will know more when it gets closer.

Just found this, thanks to Pyxis for posting in the NY thread. 

ChickenGirl - if you have extra blackcaps, I would like 2.
as soon as spring starts I can split some off no problem. They grow like weeds and multiply like crazy. I love them.

Back
Top Bottom