newbie :-D

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Beryls-Gang, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Beryls-Gang

Beryls-Gang Out Of The Brooder

hey there im tracey and ive just joined - thanks for the welcome guys :) been on this site a few times just browsing but thought i might aswell join up lol plus ive got a small problem with one of my bantams nd looking for info but cant seems to find anything about it so might hafta take her to vet :-/ - poor bessie has a swelling on her spur looks red nd sore :-( - ill have to get a pic tomorrow as ive just noticed as i was locking the girls up for the night x

1 person likes this.
  2. BYC910

BYC910 Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] Not sure what to tell you about the swelling . pictures will help there is an emergency thread but I've not used it . so can't tell how to get there but someone will tell you how . keep a close eye on it . have you checked for injury . a small cut can get infected and become a big problem. look for that. good luck with her

3. Beryls-Gang

Beryls-Gang Out Of The Brooder

thanks i hope its something easy to treat - i just noticed it as i was locking them up she was on her perch and wouldnt let me go near it so thought id get a better look tomorrow when i have someone to hold her and i can get pics ( if she will let me lol ) its right on her spur looks like its just about covering it :-( x

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    If you have need of it it's "emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures," thread on BYC. Put that in the search box and it will come up.

1 person likes this.
  5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Tracey and welcome to BYC from another northerner, via Kenya - glad that you have joined us. I hope that other members are able to help you out with your little one.

More generally, the Learning Centre is a great resource, even for experienced chicken keepers - loads of info on anything chicken. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

You can also join your national thread - "UK members, please say Hi" - this will put you in contact with other UK members.

The members here are amazing - very friendly and helpful, so if you need an answer to a question or simply want some reassurance that what you are doing is ok, then post away - we all help each other out here at BYC.

All the best
    CT

6. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG] Hi Tracey,

Thanks for joining us!

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by