AnneDrum

Chirping
Mar 29, 2017
South Africa
Hi all!

My hubby and I have started a small pastured chicken egg operation. Our first batch of babies have started laying eggs and our younger batch are around 6weeks old. There is an egg crisis in SA since a major outbreak of Avian Flu.

These are our Potch Koekoek chickens (7 mo):
IMG_20171013_104022.jpg

These are our Boschvelder and New Hampshire (though I don't think the supplier's staff selected the correct chicks because those white ones don't look like NH, but more like Leghorns). Some ducks too:
IMG_20171013_102451.jpg

Anyone else here from South Africa?

Howzzziiittttt !!! yip i'm from ..you guessed it ! welcome ... I don't see any hammies there! I think you ended up with Rhode island whites and reds ... and the rest aren't boshvelders ..they just cross breeds ....

There is an egg crisis in SA since a major outbreak of Avian Flu.

I knew about the avian flu but not the shortage of eggs .... time to put my prices up !
Boschveld-Roosters-20150715171337.jpg

that's a boshvelder with the white tips on their feathers anybody else confirm ???

some chicken are just in hiding .....

Top-25-Funny-Animal-Memes.jpg

Howzzziiittttt !!! yip i'm from ..you guessed it ! welcome ... I don't see any hammies there! I think you ended up with Rhode island whites and reds ... and the rest aren't boshvelders ..they just cross breeds ...
Hoezit! :p Nice to have some saffa company, we are a rare species on forums such as this.
I am still hoping they're Hammies since they seem to be developing red colouring on their feathers. Perhaps the females just go red slightly later. My photo's are also colour enhanced so the reds appear more red. Oh my I hope I have the right chickens. Time will tell, and I can update here once they're fully grown.

Thanks for the hi!

:welcome I'm from the south but not that far south :lau. Just a bit further north and a mite west of there . Chickens is chickens wherever your at . This is a great place to hang out with chicken folks . Pull up a roost have some scratch and chat it up .:frow
Thank you for the greetings! Sounds like you are talking about Nam. :woot
Visiting Nam is still on my bucket list. Have a lovely weekend! :frow

Back
Top Bottom