newbie from Texas Panhandle with Bielefelder eggs

bluejean55girl

Songster
Jan 20, 2016
Wellington, Tx
I live in the south east corner of the Texas Panhandle area, just 8 miles from Oklahoma. Brand new to using an incubator.

Grew up on a grain farm in the Red River Valley of the North in eastern North Dakota. But we always had critters all my life. Still do.

Now trying chickens again after many years. Bielefelder caught my eye. So have 12 egss in an 48 egg incubator with automatic turner.

Anybody have experience hatching in low humidity climates?

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I'm afraid I'm not in slow humidity area but you might like to ask on the incubating threads. Lots of surface area of water creates more humidity so extra cloths or sponges could really help you. I would recomend that you double check your temps and humidity readings on your incubator with known to be correct thermometer/hygrometer. Of ten they say factory set but can be wrong. It's always best to double check just to be sure.
Have you checked out hatching eggs 101? It's a fab article on incubating and hatching. Here is the link ~https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. My wife and I were both raised in the great state of Texas (Blue Ridge for her, Greenville for me). I've incubated lots of eggs but not in low humidity areas. I would suggest asking your question on our Incubating and Hatching Eggs section in Raising BackYard Chickens under the Forum at the top of the page and taking advantage our our incubator experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your hatch.

Glad you joined us at Backyard Chickens
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom