Newbie that needs some serious help.

Cupcakeschatz

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2018
Early March I stood in the feed storen sleep depraived after night shift.. and fell in love with 3 lil fuzzy chicks. I get to the register and the manager tells me I can have 3 more for free if I would like because they were getting a bunch more in later that morning. Fast forward 2 months. I now have a chicken addiction. I've got 21! (And so not buying any more!) With that said, the coop I bought will only hold approx 10 full sized birds. (Its one of those prefabs that estimates more than 10 though I woyld not put more than that!).. anyway, now I am having trouble figuring out what size coop, what material (metal shed? Plastic shed?), how much ventilation etc I will need. I live in North Central Arkansas right by the MO border. Someone, anyone... help! Lol

Congrats on your chicks! Make sure you build your new coop and run large enough to house all 21 because it's likely the prefab doesn't have enough room for even 10. I've seen many companies advertise coops saying they hold 6, 10 and higher but in reality they're only sized for one single chicken.

Back
Top Bottom