Newbie to group, joining to educate myself on good sense chicken care and preventative medicine.

Fran Knotts

In the Brooder
Jan 6, 2018
Hi, I joined chicken group on Facebook and this is a recommended link. I have had a couple problems that maybe could have been prevented or treated quicker having the need to know what to keep on hand. Also, like to see coup designs and different breed pictures. Love my rat pack! Fran

Hi, I joined chicken group on Facebook and this is a recommended link. I have had a couple problems that maybe could have been prevented or treated quicker having the need to know what to keep on hand. Also, like to see coup designs and different breed pictures. Love my rat pack! Fran

:welcome:celebrate

Glad you're here Fran!

A must have for your poultry is a FIRST AID KIT for any issues that would arise.
It's definitely better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it.

Also, make sure your coop(s) have a proper amount of VENTILATION. Your chickens will absolutely thank you for it!

One last thing, please get your chickens some Vaseline or bag balm to stave off frostbite before they get it! Baby, it's cold outside! :D

Hello Fran and welcome to BYC

Here’s a link to the Articles section - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/ There you’ll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping chickens - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs.

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - Find Your State Thread

All the best

Pork Pie

Hello and Welcome to BYC! (aka BackYardChickens)

:welcome

It's wonderful to have you here with us!

Thanks for joining! If you have questions, you will find your answers right here, on this brilliant site.

This site is FULL of all info you will want/need to know about chickens and all poultry in general (and even other animals). And full of active, and fantastic members, they're amazing.

Hope you have a fab day!

Best wishes!

-Tov

Back
Top Bottom