Newbie! Wanting to sell eggs

Maleficent265

Songster
Jan 8, 2018
I started hatching chicks, Olive and Easter eggers to be precise, I’ve got great birds and super sweet roosters. Just a handful of people have expressed interest in purchasing chicks and hatching eggs from me.

I definitely want to make a sale worth my while and make a buck or two but I also don’t wanna gouge people for my “product.”

what’s a fair price for both parties? What’s a good price for olive egger hatching eggs? Olive egger chicks? Barnyard chicks and hatching eggs? And I just got a hold of English lavender orpingtons... what’s a fair price for chicks and eggs?

You have to know your local market. Olive eggers could be a bit rarer in your area and you can charge more or less. Look at Craigslist and Facebook listings to see what everyone else is charging.
Some people are selling olive eggers a few counties over for 14! I feel like that’s really expensive 🤷🏻‍♀️

But like I said I’m no good at this. 😂 I was thinking maybe 6-7 for an olive egger? Around 8-10 for English lavender Orpingtons... barnyard mixes for 3? And I don’t even know where to start on those Cemanis... I still haven’t decided to keep them or give them away. They were given to me for payment for a hatch I had done for someone and I thought SURE! From my understanding they’re from a show quality line? However I wasn’t aware Ayams could be shown.

I don’t know much about them. I know they have a laying season and lay very little. I have a friend who could take the hens and theres a breeder in my area who has trouble making sales Because her rooster has mulberry. So if I wanted to get rid of them I could easily.

The breeder I have my Cemanis from actually sells hers for 200 for a dozen hatching eggs and I think 45 per chick. That’s also extreme to me but maybe I’m thinking too hard about it 😂

Back
Top Bottom