Newbie with Marans in Little Rock, AR

tarteauxbasbleu

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 1, 2012
Little Rock, AR
Hi Everyone! I'm Lanna, in Little Rock! I got my first chickens EVER yesterday...Two black copper Marans (cockerel and pullet, from Bev Davis and Wade Jeane lines) and a blue splash Marans pullet.

I don't have pictures of the black copper pullet (Francoise), yet, but here are the other two. Let me know what you think! I was told the black coppers were very pretty and will be good exhibition birds as they grow...let me know if they look nice to you...I want to try my hand at showing if they turn out. The splash pullet doesn't have much blue or feathering on her legs, but I just thought she was too pretty not to pick out to come home with me!
Xaviere, the blue splash pullet:

Pierre, the black copper cockerel:

The coop! I've since added wood shavings to the bottom, since they're on concrete (which I hope will keep predators OUT and make keeping things nice and dry easier:

And the yard in general (when they get a little older, there is a grassy area on the other side of the house (also protected by the 6 ft. privacy fence) where I'm going to allow them to forage):

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Beautiful chickens
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom