newbie's 20 chickens killed by neighbors dog/moving new replacements/appreciate tips

jeabjeab

In the Brooder
Aug 24, 2020
Hi Guys,
Newbie here, altho I've been lurking for years. As my title says, my 20 [just starting to lay] chickens were slaughtered by a couple of my neighbor's dogs [separate story] and I found some replacements on CL that are about the same age but need some TLC and more space. I asked the seller if he would give me a week to repair damage and sterilize my large enclosure and wondering if anyone can offer some tips on moving 20 [5 month old] birds and cause the least amount of stress.
It's only a 30 minute drive, so I was thinking it would be less stressful and easier to catch just after dark. Any other tips??
Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys,
Newbie here, altho I've been lurking for years. As my title says, my 20 [just starting to lay] chickens were slaughtered by a couple of my neighbor's dogs [separate story] and I found some replacements on CL that are about the same age but need some TLC and more space. I asked the seller if he would give me a week to repair damage and sterilize my large enclosure and wondering if anyone can offer some tips on moving 20 [5 month old] birds and cause the least amount of stress.
It's only a 30 minute drive, so I was thinking it would be less stressful and easier to catch just after dark. Any other tips??
Thanks in advance.
Don't have much to offer on less stressful traveling for the birds.
I had a bad experience bringing home unhealthy birds from CL. In case you haven't already, consider checking them over thoroughly before bringing them home. I'd ask to see where they were living too.

Back
Top Bottom