Newly hatched serama chick!!:D PICS!guesses needed on which Mommy hen!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by 19hhbelgian, Sep 24, 2009.

1. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    This little bugger is the first to hatch from the 6 eggs that I set, from my hen checkers, and Roo, Sunny [​IMG] [​IMG] Checkers is Mottled, and Sunny is, well, sunny [​IMG] He's a brilliant coppery orange. The chicks is completely yellow, so who knows what color he's going to be! Unless the eggs are actually from my silkied serama hen, who is tan. So, take your guesses as to which hen is the Mommy [​IMG] Here are pics of Mom, possible Mom, Dad, and the chick!!

Checkers:
    [​IMG]
    Sunny:
    [​IMG]
    Silkied serama hen, Peanut:
    [​IMG]

The New addition!! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In this pic, look at the center top of his head. He is bald??!
    [​IMG]

2. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Ahh how cute! [​IMG] And checkers is gorgeous!
    I am no help when it comes to saying wich chick belongs to wich mom.. because sunny might have past his genes down through either of them.
    Congrats!

3. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I had a BO hatch with a bald spot. It wasnt til she lost all of her fluff and got real feathers that it filled in. Looks like your chicks name can be Mohawk....lol. Temporarily anyways.

Congrats on the little cutie!

4. 19hhbelgian

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Ok... So if the chick is going to be the color of Sunny, it wouldn't necessarily be a reddish color as a baby? I was thinking a light tan because of the down color but [​IMG] I'm openly ignorant when it comes to genes [​IMG] so any info is very welcome!

I was sorta questioning the bald spot... None of my other chicks have ever hatched that way [​IMG] I was thinking "Baldy" but was worried it would hurt "his" feelings [​IMG]

5. Settler'sDreamFarm

Settler'sDreamFarm █ [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Aug 7, 2008
    Ontario, Canada :)
    Sorry I am not really sure but Checkers is gorgeous!!!!!!

6. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    I have yellow chicks that turn reddish..not a solid red like a RIR... Like Clifford here, he was one that was yellow...
    [​IMG]
    Most of my chicks have actually been yellow...never had a black one, and you have seen all the colors of my birds---so Im really no help! lol
    I dont think that I have ever seen a reddish chick. Has anyone else? Ill bet that is pretty!!

I totally thought MoHawk too! Tee hee!

7. Ondra's Seramas

Ondra's Seramas Drowning in Seramas

Feb 19, 2009
    North Central WA
    Cute!

8. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    awww... they are darling

9. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    oh i cant wait to see how he turns out, and you gotta post pics when the other chicks hatch

10. 19hhbelgian

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Pics are the easiest thing to get me to post [​IMG] I prefer to have "fluffy kids" rather than regular kids, so I could go on forever about them [​IMG]

OOOOHHHHH!!! Also have another pip [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by