Newnan, GA Show

Quote:
Me too.. Sometimes there just aren't enough hours in a day. You couldn't tell my feet that, but anyway!!!
big_smile.png

Had so much fun, and was so happy to meet those I did! Got two black silkie pullets from Signature Farms, thank you!!! They are beautiful and doing well!

So very awesome to meet both Three Cedars Silkies and her friend! Hope to see you guys again sometime, and thank you for the insight and the help!!

what a weekend!!!!!!!1
I just got back
big_smile.png
stayed and went to Stone Mountain with my brother in law he lives in Cartersville GA and if any one lives close by he would like to buy some fresh eggs, he's never seen so many chickens
lau.gif

it was a lot of fun
I met shelly and julie batchelor * thanks for the chicks Julie *
and I mist a lot of you, Ouch I'm so tired the drive and the mountain..........................

Just got back last night around 4
We had to stop at Jeffers LOL Candy store
Thanks everyone for the great show
Everyone Wanted My Buff Cochins I bought Friday LOL
Surprisely (Spelling?) My BLRW hen took BV out her Class.
I was for sure that pretty hen beside her would do better
We got Champion medium duck Yeaaa

Last edited:
You know, I think us BYC'ers ought to wear BYC shirts on the main day of the shows so we can find each other. I did see a number of BYC folks I knew already and met a couple of new ones, but I know I missed a good many others who where there. I'm going to order a shirt for myself.

The kids had a blast while we were there. The fairgrounds were nice. We met many Silkie keepers who gave us much good advice for how to better improve our bird grooming. Lo and behold in the shopping center behind the restaurant we ate at Saturday night there was a Petsmart so while we waited for the table to be ready we walked over and bought the necessary gear. Also during the trip I figured out the rest of how to keep the birds fed and watered while traveling and it worked out pretty well. Got some quizzical looks a time or two when we'd stop for gas and I'd open the back to check on the birds and the roosters would start crowing!
lol.png

We got home yesterday afternoon just in time for me to jump in the truck and make an egg delivery. Came back and got the new birds settled in. I was relieved to find nothing had gone wrong while we were away. You know how it is when you've got a lot of animals and you're gone for a couple of days. Discovered a problem when we put up the Kinder Minor's new bantam OEG birds when the cocks wanted to fight with each other through the partition wire. Should have been expecting that being game birds and all but I'm more accustomed to the K. Major's Silkies who are more laid back than that. A quick cardboard screen hung on the partition remedied the problem and they are all happy now.

We left that show not a moment too soon! Between getting the K. Major's bird ready and hunting for the birds the K. Minor wanted I was beginning to succumb and start thinking of showing my own birds. Fortunately I did not see any bantam white Wyandottes otherwise matters may have taken a turn for the worse. As it was I ended up buying more birds for the K. Minor than I had originally intended so had to buy one of those nice wooden show crates the fellow across from the silent auction tent was selling.

I am REALLY glad we chose to rent a mini-van rather than trying to do that show with the wife's Impala. The kids would have had to ride with their birds in their laps all the way home!
lol.png

Wow what a great show! The facilities were beautiful and the everything was so well run... Great Job CVPA.

We had such a lovely time. It was so nice to meet new people and see some familiar faces.

Had such a nice drive and day with Judy from Three Cedars Silkies! Thanks JUDY! (...and congrats on RV with your black silkie
celebrate.gif
)

I think my new FAVORITE chicken is the Cornish Hen... so ugly... so cute. I think me and my husband will be contacting a breeder here in Florida that I met to get a few.

Now we are back to farm life... building a new silkie barn and hatching eggs. If anyone is interested in lavender and black split lavender silkie chicks check out our facebook page for more details.

Going to have to find a new coop for Cornish Hens
wink.png

Congratulations everyone and thanks,

Darling Farms

It was a wonderful show! It was a totally new experience for me and everyone was polite, kind and friendly! I had the wonderful opportunity to meet a couple of BYCers (Sugar Sands and PaintedGemsRanch). I also purchased three beautiful birds from PaintedGemsRanch, a beautiful and gentle roo pure coronation and two split coronation pullets. I also fell in love with OEG bantams! Working on the DH for a couple of those since they would require a different coop. I never knew they were so delicate looking. It was great to see how showing actually works and cant wait until I can try it.

Ya Aalbury's daughter (BYCER) has some of those OEG's and is in GA if you didn't get your "fix" of them...
smile.png

What a wonderful show! Lots of kudos to the club for a wonderful job! Every club member is always friendly and helpful. I especially liked where the sale area was located this year!!! It was so exciting to see everyone walking around with birds in their hands!! Thanks to all who purchased Silkies from me as well..This is a show that I look forward to every year. 93 or 94 Silkies shown!!!! That is the most shown at any show that I have attended. Here's how I placed:

BV-1st Black Silkie Pullet
RV-1st Blue Silkie Hen

2nd-3rd-Splash Silkie Hens
Quail OE-5th pullet
Blue Wheaton OE Hen-5th
Mille Fleur d'Uccle Hen-2nd

The building was full of beautiful birds. I made some new friends and loved seeing everyone. Hubby even sold all of the rabbits!!!
ya.gif

Congratulations to Aimee Crego/SignatureFarm for Best of Breed, Res CH Featherleg for her beautiful White Silkie hen and RB for her Splash pullet!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom