News Report on Fair Winnings

tiki244

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Jan 1, 2008
WestCentralWisconsin
This is so funny. I was watching the LaCrosse News station last night and they were reporting on their local county fair. They had a fairly long segment on the different contests.

The last part was the chicken show. They had video of a lot of very beautiful chickens with their ribbons on the cages, and a lot of crowing roosters, just like you see at every other show. They panned to a lot of different breeds so that was very exciting for me. A rosecombed bird got Second Grand of the show. (Not sure what breed)

The reporter said that 'the LaCrosse fair had a rooster crowing contest to see whos rooster could crow the loudest'.
lol.png
I nearly fell off my chair laughing. And they were seriouse.
hu.gif

Last edited:
That's excellent. A rooster's crow is definitely something to be appreciated. Mine sounds pitiful, he's working on three months old. I wish he'd do it more often. I think I hurt his little feelings with all the pointing and laughing.

My White crested black Polish roo started crowing on the 4th of July...he starts out great but the ending notes are gurggly and he sounds like he's drowing... I hope it never changes, I like it.

That's too funny they had that on TV. What I find interesting is the difference in a rooster's crow. I can tell who's crowing from inside the house! My Jack would have won that contest.

Quote:
YES MY Jack would have too! That is why he is living in a nice retirement home with a very nice BYCer Robin L
big_smile.png

The funny thing I thought was I am SURE it was a regular chicken show and the reporter was confused or someone thought it funny to tell him that so he would report it on the news that way.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom