Newspaper article: rescuing ducks

DrVeghead

Songster
Oct 19, 2019
Magnolia, TX
This article introduces a woman who rescues ducks in north central PA!

http://www.tiogapublishing.com/pott...cle_8be49181-2eb0-569d-86d7-a8867b682796.html

Excerpts:

Whether it’s ducks or scrapbooking, hobbies certainly vary.​
Debbie Colucci, of Ulysses, said her hobby is taking care of ducks.​
“I use the eggs for baking and also give them to my friends,” Colucci said. “I also take great pride in my ducks (and) I take in ducks that are in crisis. I just got two girls that (were) dropped off at (an) abandoned farm; they had to defend for themselves, then there pond froze over, so they had to walk across a street where three of them got hit and died they are here now. I will give them all the love they need!”​

Colucci said she has developed a small network to help anyone trying to rehome a duck or to help ducks in crisis.​
“I will try to help,” Colucci said. “A lot of people don’t realize how messy ducks are; they see chicks, get them, then realize how messy, how much the cost really is — the coops, feed, etc. — (then) people will just dump them in the creek well they cannot survive. These are domestic ducks, not wild, so I try to step in and help rehome or rehab, if needed.”​

Attachments

• ducks rescuing Debby Colucci Elysses 5e1f47a879d23.image.jpg
    ducks rescuing Debby Colucci Elysses 5e1f47a879d23.image.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 14
This article introduces a woman who rescues ducks in north central PA!

http://www.tiogapublishing.com/pott...cle_8be49181-2eb0-569d-86d7-a8867b682796.html

Excerpts:

Whether it’s ducks or scrapbooking, hobbies certainly vary.​
Debbie Colucci, of Ulysses, said her hobby is taking care of ducks.​
“I use the eggs for baking and also give them to my friends,” Colucci said. “I also take great pride in my ducks (and) I take in ducks that are in crisis. I just got two girls that (were) dropped off at (an) abandoned farm; they had to defend for themselves, then there pond froze over, so they had to walk across a street where three of them got hit and died they are here now. I will give them all the love they need!”​

Colucci said she has developed a small network to help anyone trying to rehome a duck or to help ducks in crisis.​
“I will try to help,” Colucci said. “A lot of people don’t realize how messy ducks are; they see chicks, get them, then realize how messy, how much the cost really is — the coops, feed, etc. — (then) people will just dump them in the creek well they cannot survive. These are domestic ducks, not wild, so I try to step in and help rehome or rehab, if needed.”​
This artical realy made me smile!

Back
Top Bottom