NGa/WNC/E. TN Chicken Stock Thank you Everyone!!

23574_chickenstock_001.jpg

Thank you to all that could make the Chicken Stock. We had fun as long as we could, then the weather turned awful!! We are talking about trying it again later toward summer. Special thanks to Speckledhen, Cbilis, Muddstopper for coming and helping! We ended up giving the Hatchery certificates away to the last that came by and to some of our exhibitors. Everyone had fun while it lasted.

I had a good time at the swap, even though weather put a damper on it. I manged to sell all my chicks and a few pairs of Wellies. My DW traded some wellie hatching eggs for something I have already placed in the bator. It will be interesting to see what pops out. I think the breeds where written on the carton, but I choose not to look. Best BBQ and Baked beans I believe I have ever ate and I've eat a bunch of BBQ. We'll have to try this again whever the monsoon season is over with.

Unfortunately, after driving nearly 4 hours, everyone had mostly packed up when we arrived. No fun! I did end up coming home with 2 RIR chicks and 2 Barred Rock chicks plus a gift certificate for 25 pullets! I am happy.
big_smile.png
Wish I could have met more of you, though!!

So sorry we where all leaving, but the weather was turning to bad to keep the birds out any longer. To wet and windy. It was so nice to meet you and your husband and little girl, she is very cute. We are talking about doing another one at a different location during the summer.

I am planning a visit to Telico Plains and Murphy in early september. Any ideas of any chicken swaps or sales going on the first week or so of september?
Chicken dave from NC

I dont know of any swaps planned in Murphy, but I should have a few buckeyes and welsummer chicks for sale at that time if you want to stop by.

Back
Top Bottom