Nigerian Goats

The birthing process is usually straight forward with some notable exceptions. You can make anything you want with the milk. You can cook with it just like cow milk. If you are ambitious you can even make cheeses.

All I can say is it varies. It is easier to buy kids than adult milkers, but if you can find a milker for sale, you know what you are getting. With kids it's an educated guess.

Hi, We bought two little dwarf wethers... they were born in the beginning of May. One is walking a little stiff legged. Is this something I need to get him to the vet for? They were banded almost 6 weeks ago... what should I do?

Hi, We bought two little dwarf wethers... they were born in the beginning of May. One is walking a little stiff legged. Is this something I need to get him to the vet for? They were banded almost 6 weeks ago... what should I do?

I'm not sure what's wrong, but I would call the vet and ask them.

Were they vaccinated for tetanus when they were banded? The stiffness sounds like the early signs of tetanus. How is he carrying his tail? If it is up that is another indication of tetanus. Get some tetanus antitoxin and give it ASAP. Also some penicillin. Don't wait!! If the antitoxin is given early enough you can stop the progression but they will exhibit the stiffness for awhile.

does anyone have Nigerian Does for milking purposes? Could you let me know the pros and cons to keeping them? I was thinking about getting 2-3. do they pay for themselves?
Have you seen the price of goat milk at the store i need it for health issues and its like 10.00 for a quart! I hope we can get that much out of my girls. They definitely are awesome though!

The birthing process is usually straight forward with some notable exceptions. You can make anything you want with the milk. You can cook with it just like cow milk. If you are ambitious you can even make cheeses.
I'm excited to make goat milk fudge! Btw ive seen you on a few threads and wanted to thank you for being so helpful! To me or anyone else! Keep up the good work!

Back
Top Bottom