Nipple leaking help!

bjolley

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 18, 2011
Hello

I finished my 2nd watering system and I cant seem to get the nipples to stop leaking. I have a small video of it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V809UOxAR0&feature=player_detailpage

I am not sure if it is the nipples I got off of Ebay are just cheap or if it is something else in the setup. They are not leaking from the point of insertion to the PVC they are leaking like the nipple is just full open, so to speak. It is feed by a 5 gallon bucket through 3/4 " tubing to the 3/4" PVC pipe. Anyone have this issue or any advice on how to fix it would be great.
thanks

This may sound stupid but have you checked if the ball bearings are still in them. I bought the cheapy screw on water nipples off ebay, and if they pop apart during installation the ball bearing seems to be what activates the water action. By the way mine work fine once I found the ball bearings and popped them back in.

Hmm.. that link is dead.
idunno.gif

Mine did that when I first installed them; lost 11 gallon of water all at once. I ended up taking the thing apart, dumping the old nipples and putting in new ones, making sure that the plumber's tape was well secured before screwing in. Now there is very minimal drippage. Yes, I bought the cheapies from E-bay, too. I woudn't do it again.

HI

Thanks for fixing my link, not sure what happened. I did not use plumbers tape but the nipples are not leaking around the seal they are leaking from the silver part that the chicks peck. It is like it is stuck open. It sound like people have issues with the Ebay nipples, is there a good place to buy better nipples?
thanks

Ok I would try to move the bucket up and down and see if that affects the leak at all. If nipple or cup waters gett to much pressure they can leak an other way is to push up on the nipple part and see if its hard to push that is another sign that the pressure is to high. let me know what you find out.

Back
Top Bottom