NJ - Sussex County Poultry Fanciers Annual Fall Show 2012

The grounds open at 7:30, coop in is by 9:00.
Get there as early as possible to get the best selection.
There *should* be a tag on the cage, with that sellers phone number.
If you can't figure out that all the same birds are next to each other in different cages, they are probably the same seller, and a tag dropped off.
Or just ask anyone. We may not know everything, but someone will find out for you.
Cell service isn't the greatest, so be patient, and leave a message.
My friend won the chinese auction, and she was selling a bird to some gals, maybe 50 feet from where I was.....
Her phone went right to voicemail.
My problem is I have about 40 birds* in the sale cages, another dozen in the show, and drive a VW.
So if somebody doesn't fit, it stays home.
Let us know what you are looking for, someone is sure to bring it.
Roberta

*mostly chicks, don't get all nervous!

You just never know what is going to show up in the sale barn. Your best bet, if you want something specific, is to contact someone on either the Marans threads, or put a notice here of on the club's FB page asking for what you want.

In fact, the only time you are guaranteed to see the birds you want are when you can't take them that day. But, the unknown kind of lends bit of excitement - you never know what you're going to find.

Framac - bring a box!

You just never know what is going to show up in the sale barn. Your best bet, if you want something specific, is to contact someone on either the Marans threads, or put a notice here of on the club's FB page asking for what you want.

In fact, the only time you are guaranteed to see the birds you want are when you can't take them that day. But, the unknown kind of lends bit of excitement - you never know what you're going to find.

Framac - bring a box!
Bringing 2 :)

Wheaten marans... aren't too common in this area.
I have a Black copper roo for sale that is very light like a wheaten, but does not have the light wing bows.
There is a member here that has Marans, I don't know which varieties.
We compete against each other all the time with the BCMs.

Did you want me to find him for you?
You also are pretty close to the MCCA secretary.
The only Wheaten breeders I know of are not close by.
If you like, I can check the breeders site for you.

i am bringing some BC Marans cockerels, also some Black English Orp Cockerels, They will be 7 weeks old and I am showing the cocks that sired these hatches for reference.

My daughter and I hope to attend the 10am presentation for newcomers, but may be late due to the long drive from NY. May i ask what kind of vendors will be at the show? This will be our first winter with chickens and we would like to purchase some supplies.

Back
Top Bottom