NJ - Sussex County Poultry Fanciers Annual Fall Show 2012

sigh....we wanted to come up to see if we could get a couple of Faverolle hens and see what else is available but living down here in FAR south NJ it's more than 3 hours one way and we can't stay overnight...have a couple of sick dogs that require medication...ah well...maybe next year

Peter Brown will be there, there are usually more but I trust him exclusively with my needs.
http://www.firststatevetsupply.com/store2/emergency-care/emergency-medication.html
He's bringing me a shopping cart load of supplies so I can save on shipping.
It will be nice to finally meet you!
Roberta

haha both posting in different threads!

Roberta, I'll check Peter's site and make up a list of goodies we need, Iike you suggested on the other thread. I'll PM you my cell number so that we can connect on Saturday. Lindsey and I are looking forward to meeting you!
Tina

Last edited:
Me too! I have decided not to show anything.
My body can't physically do it any more.
I have to cut way back, I hope the Humira starts working.

Does anyone have any olive eggers for sale? Unfortunately I lost BOTH of my OE chicks yesteday...I'm hoping I can replace them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecritters

My daughter and I hope to attend the 10am presentation for newcomers, but may be late due to the long drive from NY. May i ask what kind of vendors will be at the show? This will be our first winter with chickens and we would like to purchase some supplies.

Egg Cartons has been coming sporadically - I'll try and find out what other vendors will be there. Kuhl sometimes comes, and they have a lot of coop supplies. What kind of supplies were you looking for?

Last edited:
sigh....we wanted to come up to see if we could get a couple of Faverolle hens and see what else is available but living down here in FAR south NJ it's more than 3 hours one way and we can't stay overnight...have a couple of sick dogs that require medication...ah well...maybe next year

Depending on the quality of Faverolles you want, it could be a tough search. I finally caved and ordered eggs to hatch out to get mine. They are still very rare. I'm going to the Ohio National in November - if you contact a breeder going there, I could arrange a chicken train for you. I hate coming home from a show with nothing - even if it's for someone else! I'm also going to the Congress in January, and there are a few good breeders up that way. You could ask them - same deal.

Littlecritters, I have the names of the vendors that will be at the show:

Southern States Feeds
Kuhl
First State Vet Supply
The Bag Lady
(jewelry lady)

and perhaps one or two more - still waiting for conformation.

Please remember that Sunday, October 14 will be the set-up day for the show. With over 900 birds, we need every hand available!! Please come by the barn and lend a couple of hours of your time.

Littlecritters, I have the names of the vendors that will be at the show:

Southern States Feeds
Kuhl
First State Vet Supply
The Bag Lady
(jewelry lady)

and perhaps one or two more - still waiting for conformation.

Thank you! I'm looking for things like coop cups, pop bottle water cups, nipples, disinfectant etc....

Jewelery lady isn't happening.
Unless I look thru all the inventory and decide there's enough chicken related stuff.
I haven't been feeling well, and I don't want to MISS most of the show like in the spring!
Let me see what I can do.....

ps Thanks for the invite.
Remember I have to BAKE also
th.gif

Maybe.... I can set up a case I can take with me, instead of a table spot?
Let me think this one thru.

Back
Top Bottom