NJ - Sussex County Poultry Fanciers Annual Fall Show 2012

I am selling a pair of splash marans (Sterling Sue's lines) for $25 for the pair - maybe two pullets OR a roo and a pullet, not sure of gender on one of them
Also, some d'anver pairs at $15 per pair, roo and pullet and some brown leghorns at $10 each - they will be in the sale cages early on Saturday, as I will be at the bake sale table if you want to find me!

I am selling a pair of splash marans (Sterling Sue's lines) for $25 for the pair - maybe two pullets OR a roo and a pullet, not sure of gender on one of them
Also, some d'anver pairs at $15 per pair, roo and pullet and some brown leghorns at $10 each - they will be in the sale cages early on Saturday, as I will be at the bake sale table if you want to find me!
what color D'Anvers?

Hello All!

I would love to be attending the show this weekend as I am shopping for a pullet, but I am not able to! I am in the Bridgewater, NJ area and just looking for a replacement for my suburban backyard flock (which currently consists of 1 RIR- 7mos old)). Unfortunately, we lost the other to a hawk attack just last week and have taken all necessary precautions, but want to get a friend for our survivor. And not to mention we are addicted to fresh eggs now ; )

Just finding someone to sell a pullet in the area and this time of year is proving to be so difficult and I want to ensure they are healthy animals. We are going to drive by the farm in Freehold we got our other as we are SO HAPPY with her, but the farmer has no website, and can't find the phone #.

I have been reading through the posts and it seems like everyone here is very passionate and knowledgeable in the NJ area. Does anyone have recommendations for buying a pullet preferably RIR, but flexible? Or willing to sell a RIR outside of the 2 days of the this show? Willing to trvel, etc.

Thanks for reading and helping out a BYC rookie!

Hmmm, I am 100% positive you will be able to get a pullet at this show. I think Tootsie has some (she posted a few pages back) and can help you out. This is going to be a VERY big show this year since the JG nationals are going on - it's a two day show -
good luck and bring a box!!! Hope to see you at the bake sale table!!! I suggest getting there early@!!

Hello All!

I would love to be attending the show this weekend as I am shopping for a pullet, but I am not able to! I am in the Bridgewater, NJ area and just looking for a replacement for my suburban backyard flock (which currently consists of 1 RIR- 7mos old)). Unfortunately, we lost the other to a hawk attack just last week and have taken all necessary precautions, but want to get a friend for our survivor. And not to mention we are addicted to fresh eggs now ; )

Just finding someone to sell a pullet in the area and this time of year is proving to be so difficult and I want to ensure they are healthy animals. We are going to drive by the farm in Freehold we got our other as we are SO HAPPY with her, but the farmer has no website, and can't find the phone #.

I have been reading through the posts and it seems like everyone here is very passionate and knowledgeable in the NJ area. Does anyone have recommendations for buying a pullet preferably RIR, but flexible? Or willing to sell a RIR outside of the 2 days of the this show? Willing to trvel, etc.

Thanks for reading and helping out a BYC rookie!

I actually drive right by you on my way home, so I could do a "chicken train" sort of thing. Pullets are not difficult this time of year - it's the chicks that are hard to get. Basically, you tell me what you're hoping for, and what your price limit is, and I buy those birds and bring them by your house, where you pay me. Now, there may nor be anything on your list, but there might be. The catch is that you need to be by your phone so we can communicate. Is there no one that can come to the show for you?

Also, I HIGHLY recommend a minimum of four birds for a small flock. As you can see, if you lose one, the other is quite lonely, and probably cold. Four allows for a little leeway in the loss department, provides a more social atmosphere for them, and generates a good amount of body heat for the winter.

Last edited:
I actually drive right by you on my way home, so I could do a "chicken train sort of thing. Pullets are not difficult this time of year - it's the chicks that are hard to get. Basically, you tell me what you're hoping for, and what your price limit is,and I buy those birds and bring them by your house, where you pay me. Now, there may nor be anything on your list, but there might be. The catch is that you need to be by your phone so we can communicate. Is there no one that can come to the show for you?

Also, I HIGHLY recommend a minimum of four birds for a small flock. As you can see, if you lose one, the other is quite lonely, and probably cold. Four allows for a little leeway in the loss department, provides a more social atmosphere for them, and generates a good amount of body heat for the winter.

Oh, poo, I just re-read that - she's NOT coming to the show!! Bummer

Calling All Bakers!
(and buyers, like me!)

I've only heard from a few people who are bringing items to offer at the Bake Table, and we need more!

It doesn't have to be fancy, just something you'd like to see offered when you come to a bake sale table.

Donations can be dropped off Saturday morning in the sale barn

THANK YOU!!!

(PM me for more details or questions)

Back
Top Bottom