NJ - Sussex County Poultry Fanciers Annual Fall Show!!!

NYREDS - What are you judging, so I know to say hi?

Won't know 'till I get there. I'm an old guy with a gray beard. The only judge there with that description.

I might be interested in your Cornish.​

Last edited:
Hey NJ-ians..... where do you get your birds tested for pollorum?? I live in Bergen County, have a small flock in the backyard and entered a few girls but I am having the darnest time finding out where to get the test! I've called the extension office but not call backs yet. When I say chickens people look at me like... what/??

Quote:
I think, Mary would know, if you are entering them in the show Saturdya, they test them for you prior to the show. If not at the show, then you need to contact your state's agriculture office and they should putyou in touch with the proper person. Bergen COunty, hmmmm, that could be tough.

I am taking requests now on what birds (STANDARD SIZE) people want me to bring to sell them. I need to know by Friday afternoon so I can get them ready. If you want me to do my own topic on this let me know.

I have several beautiful roosters. I can do pairs too.
I have 5 chicks that are 6 weeks old, 4 are araucanas and 1 SSHamburg.

I have a SSH young trio.

and so on. Email me with requests [email protected]

This will be my first time at the Sussex show. Looking forward to it!!! I'll be showing bantam chickens and ducks.

Chicken-wise, I plan to bring S.C light brown leghorns, some black OEG hens, and a couple silver pencilled rocks.

In ducks, I'll be bringing Rouens, White calls, White Runners, and Saxonys.

Hey, all.

I will also be heading out from Long Island to the Sussex County show on Saturday. It'll be my first time there. I'm not showing, but just want to check it out, and hopefully buy a couple of additional birds (looking to buy two standard size Plymouth Rock pullets to join my small flock of Japanese Bantams, so hopefully someone will have some available).

Really looking forward to my first poultry show and meeting some folks from the forums!

George

Back
Top Bottom