NJ - Sussex County Poultry Fanciers Annual Spring Show!!

Quote:
I'll try to post a photo tomorrow.
I just put a post on geese with some ? about her. She is yellow with silver grey markings on her back and on parts of her head. Eggs had a disaster. My Cochin got into a fight with another hen over the nest. She is a real B**** when broody. Well she wanted Phyllis off the nest. Well push came to shove and the eggs fell out of the nest and broke. I said they were gong to be dinner but they just looked at me and said yeah right mom
he.gif
barnie.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif

Oh, What a shame Ginny! Those feisty gals! Poor eggs though.
I hope the weather shapes up by Saturday- we've had rain each day this week so far and no end in sight...they say Sunday may be a nice day. I hope Saturday is!

The guy at Agway says they work with 7 different hatcheries. He is trying to get a list of sebbies he can get. Do you want me to ask about greys. The guy (Buck) says his only 2 passions are fishing and poultry. Definitely our kind of Guy. If any one is looking for something special let me know and I'll ask. Right now he has Jungle Fowl.

No thanks Ginny- I'd rather get them from a Breeder (unless it's Holderreads- are they a breeder or a Hatchery? I'd get them from there, Hattricksilkies, CottageRose, etc....) I'll be concentrating on looking for Mandies and Woodies on Saturday, ,just in case there are any there....
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

The weather forecast looks good for Saturday now! yippee! Mostly sunny!

Is there any way to find out how many birds (and what kind) will be there for sale, before actually being there?

Quote:
Only if you've spoken to a seller beforehand. It's like Marshall's - you never know what you're going to find. Unfortunately for me, you'll never find the super show quality there. At that level, you have to get on a waiting list.

Ha ha - I do sleep - I just go to bed late.
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom