No Backyard farm

Two Hereford sows with piglets and two mutt sows one with piglets. Use to have Hereford boar but he died and I got a Tamworth/Large Black boar.

My mutt Sows piglets are a diverse crossing of Yorkshire x Duroc x Hampshire x GOS. The mutt mothers are GOS x Duroc but they look more like a GOS. They were raised in the woods by a friend of mine so they love to root around.

Quote:
Can we have some pictures please? How are your mares doing? We have been lucky enough up here with hay and straw prices staying reasonable. I heard we are teh exception this year with all the drought.

Quote:
Can we have some pictures please? How are your mares doing? We have been lucky enough up here with hay and straw prices staying reasonable. I heard we are teh exception this year with all the drought.

Lol, which Mare's are we talking about. I have Emily the Buckskin, Ash the Grulla Mustang, Sugar the Black paint, Cassie the Vanner mutt, Bitsy the Black Shire and Mitsy the Bay Shire. They are all doing great. I have several acres of hay fields that I use on my livestock. I only bought some straight alfalfa for the wethers, which isn't being used anymore.

I read about the alfalfa issue, sorry to hear that. I meant the Shire mares of course
tongue.png

Quote:
Yeah, tell me about it. They are WORSE than potato chips. So darn cute though. How are your whethers doing? Have you lost any more to the alfalfa situation?

pigs are tough to breed, unless you got the wild land for the to roam and birth in a nice hut, or the exspensive pipe contraptions to hold down the sows from rolling voer the piglets. i had a litter of 5 and one made it a board of coarse. way back when........ and the board would always always always bust out to get to them no matter what. he was not a hapyp boar he bit the bullet

Back
Top Bottom