No Backyard farm

Avalon your mare for sale is beautiful but huge. My ladies are only around 15 hands or so. I haven't done an exact sizing but my Black Painted mare is 15.5 hands and they are about the same hieght.

Well the Sheep ended up being just fine. I guess the shelter can hold most of them if you really pack them in, lol. I moved them to a larger section with an old Swine barn, should have no problem holding them. Brought the horses in close to the main barn for the winter. Bringing in my extra silage for the winter months. Egg production is really starting to cut down but that is to be expected as they are free range.
Got my friends Wood burning oven/cooktop today, its nice but heavy, yay for innovation. My friend P, lives almost completely off the land and recently moved into my backyard on the edge of a forrested region. Well I traded for his old spot, which I'll use for future Turkey hunting.

Quote:
Thanks Partridge,

I need to update that since I am keeping her but selling off the gelding I got out of her. Just trying to trim some fat out of the herd. We only have 14 acres (half of it is wooded) and it is on hardpan and next to the lake, so we constantly are fighting mud and erosion. My newest and biggest girl stands well over 18HH which is quite high even for me being used to the tall girls. Are you breeding your Shires or just keeping them for logging? I was around once during logging and would love to learn it! I also have forgotten most basics of driving and would love to get into it again. My mares mostly do dressage and trail riding, or sitting in the pasture being lazy. Would love to have cows someday but we don’t have the land at this time.

I'm not sure if I'll breed the shire's. I know they have both had foals in the past, which I like. Sheep are doing great with growing lambs. Not too much else done today.

droolin.gif
I always wanted to try some catfish. We are busy planning our breeding schedules for next year. Might do a purebred Shire in 2014. Depending on what bloodlines you have in your mares and what their temperament is, there may be quite the market for you. Just saying
tongue.png

I'm glad I upgraded my backhoe now as it helped greatly lifting the net of fish. I'm also glad the previous owner put in netting in each of his fish ponds to make for easy harvesting. Got to keep some fish and we had a fish fry party, it was so good.

Boosting my pigs feeding today bit by bit for the coming winter months. May wean some Piglets but haven't decided. Started putting out some round bales, I also have large square bales. Its a trial run for the Large Square bales. They are much more dense than the Round bales and heavier.
Cow's are doing great. Goats got some de-wormer treatments this week but all good.

Back
Top Bottom