NO chicks till June?

CowgirlPenny

Songster
8 Years
Feb 17, 2011
South East TN
I ordered 12 from Ideal Poultry, but you can order as many as you want as long as it totals $25. Just call them when you are done and pay the extra $1.75 so they won't include 'packing peanuts' (male chicks for warmth) They had a lot in stock. I noticed on MPC that they barely had anything in stock too. I've heard they are just the middle man. Best to go right to the source if you are ordering.

mallory2013

Songster
8 Years
Mar 3, 2011
Eastern CT
I ordered mine from Meyer. Depending on what breed you want they have chicks available as early as next week! I'm not having mine come in until June though anyway because I have to build the coop and I figure that gives me enough time. Good luck!

nanawendy

Songster
10 Years
Dec 28, 2009
Bellingham Wa
Don't you have a farm store closer? I don't know where your located... It's "Chick Days" around here, and EVERYONE is all aflutter
D.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
love.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif

welcome-byc.gif
Hope you can find some sooner

nipper75

Songster
9 Years
Mar 5, 2011
NorthEast PA
Hi. I'm in northeastern PA. I do have 2 Tractor Stores here but I'm looking for certain breeds such as austrlorp, dominique, and easter egger. When I called the stores, they were either sold out, didn't have a clue as to which breed they had, or only had 1 breed and not the others. I don't know of what else I can do to get the chicks that I want except the mail order. I'm not too happy about mail ordering the poor little things but I guess that's what I have to do.

Lawnman127

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 27, 2011
Nipper, Meyer is right next door in Polk Ohio, so shipping shouldn't be to bad.
I am in mid Ga and all were alive on arrival. I did ultimatley lose 5, it was covered
in the 48 hr guarantee though.
Good Luck

AlienChick

Crowing
Apr 9, 2010
Glasgow, KY
I, too, tried to order from the hatcheries and the wait would have been a month or so.
I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, the feed store had most of what I wanted anyway (Australorps, EE's, BR's, and RIR's).
I went to a local breeder to pick up some Silkies and d'Uccles.
The only other breeds I wanted were Sussex and Wyandottes.

Next time I will plan WAY AHEAD and order chicks BEFORE the season rush!!

smile.png

bs288

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 1, 2011
I tried to order the ones I wanted and couldn't get them until May. I wanted them now. I did get other kinds but learned to order early. I did buy from Meyer and was pleased with them

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom