No chicks today.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kittykorat, Sep 1, 2009.

1. kittykorat

kittykorat Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2009
    Central MA
    I ordered from mypetchicken last week.
    I got the email confirming that they could arrive any time between Tuesday and Thursday of this week.

I assumed they'd be in today, since MPC is in CT and I am in MA.
    The brooder is set up. The heat lanp was on, and it was 96 degrees.... ready for the fuzzybutts.

I have called my post office and left mssgs that I am expecting chicks.. but they have not called back...

Somewhat dissapointed. Hope they arrive tomorrow.

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    You're lucky. I ordered in early August (I wanna say around the 10th) and was told the ship date would be Sept 21st!!! In the meantime I got some chicks from a local person but when I found out MPC has a $10 cancellation fee (even before the eggs go into the incubator!!!) I decided to keep my order with them. But I am still looking at 3 weeks before mine arrive. I told the kids they went into the incubator yesterday. [sigh].

3. kittykorat

Aug 12, 2009
    Central MA
    Quote:Did you order rare birds?

My order is EE's, Australorpe, white rock and wyandotte.

4. txchickie

txchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    Our post office receives 2 shipments of mail per day.....one at like 6am and one at 3pm-------there is still hope!!!!! [​IMG] I should be getting chicks tomorrow, I will be anxious with you!

The last 2 shipments of chicks I've received have arrived late afternoon of their hatch date [​IMG] I'm in Texas and I ordered from Ideal, so I suppose being close has something to do with it.

5. kittykorat

Aug 12, 2009
    Central MA
    They came!!

They are happily peeping and exploring in the brooder.
    I'd post pics, but I have to be at work in 45 min... I'll update later!

6. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:I didn't think so....I ordered 1 Australorp, 1 RIR, 1 Plymouth Rock & 1 Red Star. I'm sure its only one of them that was backordered but I'm not sure which one - I thought they were all reasonably common.

Congrats on getting yours later in the day!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by