No chicks today.

kittykorat

Songster
10 Years
Aug 12, 2009
Central MA
I ordered from mypetchicken last week.
I got the email confirming that they could arrive any time between Tuesday and Thursday of this week.

I assumed they'd be in today, since MPC is in CT and I am in MA.
The brooder is set up. The heat lanp was on, and it was 96 degrees.... ready for the fuzzybutts.

I have called my post office and left mssgs that I am expecting chicks.. but they have not called back...

Somewhat dissapointed. Hope they arrive tomorrow.

You're lucky. I ordered in early August (I wanna say around the 10th) and was told the ship date would be Sept 21st!!! In the meantime I got some chicks from a local person but when I found out MPC has a $10 cancellation fee (even before the eggs go into the incubator!!!) I decided to keep my order with them. But I am still looking at 3 weeks before mine arrive. I told the kids they went into the incubator yesterday. [sigh].

Our post office receives 2 shipments of mail per day.....one at like 6am and one at 3pm-------there is still hope!!!!!
fl.gif
I should be getting chicks tomorrow, I will be anxious with you!

The last 2 shipments of chicks I've received have arrived late afternoon of their hatch date
big_smile.png
I'm in Texas and I ordered from Ideal, so I suppose being close has something to do with it.

They came!!

They are happily peeping and exploring in the brooder.
I'd post pics, but I have to be at work in 45 min... I'll update later!

Quote:
I didn't think so....I ordered 1 Australorp, 1 RIR, 1 Plymouth Rock & 1 Red Star. I'm sure its only one of them that was backordered but I'm not sure which one - I thought they were all reasonably common.

Congrats on getting yours later in the day!

Back
Top Bottom