no crow collars

I ordered three from nocrowroostercollars.com, and they only sent me two. No backorders listed (the invoice said "all shipped". They did not respond to my e-mails and to this day have not sent me another. So, negative experience there.

However, the collars work amazingly well. The two roosters that got the collars freaked out and tried to "back out" of the collars for about 15 minutes, but after that they were fine. I had to re-adjust them several times, but once I got them adjusted correctly the rooster's crow is reduced to 5-10% volume. You can barely hear it across the yard, and I am positive the neighbors will not be able to hear them. I am VERY pleased with their performance.

For my third rooster I cut 2 strips of velco, stuck them back to back with their sticky glue sides, then wrapped them around like I did the no crow collars. It worked just as well, although there seemed to be less room for error (it was easier to over-tighten and chock the roo).

Now, if they would only respond and let me know what is going on with the rest of my order.

I hope my experience helps someone.

@ FredB - I'm sorry to hear that your experience with nocrowroostercollars.com left you less than satisfied. However, I AM glad to hear that the two collars you did get, worked out for you !!! I've given so much thought on whether I should try one or not, that my brain is seriously starting to seize up on me. You see, I have silkies and I've never heard of anyone using the collars on bantams before. I'm a little worried about the fit (i.e. if the velcro strap might be too wide for the length of their neck and what size to get). Do you have any suggestions for me? I was going to email the company and ask them about sizing, but after I read about your ordeal, I decided that asking you was probably time better spent !!! Any and all suggestions about sizing would be greatly appreciated !!!
bow.gif
...Thank You!

I actually just got an e-mail from Nocrowroostercollars.com an hour ago apologizing profusely, and saying they shipped out the missing collar with an extra additional collar at no charge to make up for the mistake. I now have to change my opinion to one of a very happy customer. My guess is they are really busy shipping out orders (I received my initial order in 3-4 days).

I don't have any experience with Silkies, but I do have to admit that the No crow collars seem much softer and more gentle on the roosters than my homemade collar. If you are concerned about that I would go with the Small sized collar which states its for bantam breeds, or the Medium sized collar which is supposed to fit "most silkies".

If money is an issue I would suggest making your own, but like I said the purchased collars are higher quality and more likely to be gentle on your Silkies.

Isn't that always how it goes? All you have to do to get a response out of someone is to announce publically how disappointed you are in them. Almost always, you'll find yourself eating those same words the very next day...lol !!! All kidding aside, it's nice to hear about a company that will not only reply to their customer's emails, but will also do whatever it takes to make things right. In going about it the way My Pet Chicken did (by apologizing and sending you extra collars) they pretty much assured themselves another order from you probably at least 2 of your closest friends. Thank you so much FredB. I'll be ordering one right after I get finished here

I am so glad I found this thread. I got up this morning to my 3 1/2 month old Silkie CROWING at 6:30 am. He was suppose to be a she, we ordered them from MPC. I really don't want to rehome the little bugger. I feel it is worth a shot to try this no crow collar.. I'll have to keep you posted on how it works for our little roo.

New name... P- DIDDY..
lau.gif

Count me in !!! I just got done ordering one from nocrowroostercollars.com.
D.gif
I can't wait to give it a go on my very loved, but very loud, roo., Kramer. Since he's a silkie, I ordered a medium size collar because the manufacturer stated that it should fit most average sized Polish, Silkie, etc. I really hope it fits, as I don't want the hassle of having to exchange it. But most of all, I hope it WORKS !!! I, too, will keep you posted, so stay tuned...
pop.gif

That is GREAT MightyMax. I just ordered one Medium collar from nocrowroostercollars.com. I hope it works! I post more as I find out. :)

Back
Top Bottom