No eggs for 5 days ...

amylhill

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 9, 2013
I've done a bit of reading and think my wee girl may just be a bit stressed .... I have 3 chickens who have been laying (consistently 1 egg a day) since mid February of this year. One died approximately a week ago suddenly, the next day one of my ladie's eggs was quite small and very pale. She has since not laid any eggs for 5 days now. I am thinking that she may be stressed about losing her friend? It doesnt look like she is blocked up.

There have been no other changes, and they roam free, get fed well etc. Eggs are not being laid anywhere else that I can see as have searched propoerty througoughly and I have no predators about.

I am also wondering about my other chicken if people have any ideas - one day she was just lethargic and her breathing jaggered and short. A few hours later she passed away. Again no significant changes in weather, diet etc. They raom freeley and have a nice clean coop. Nothing I can think of that may have stresssed her or of anything bad that she may have eaten ...

Back
Top Bottom