No eggs in 3 weeks!

X2 what Sourland said about stress. I had a bird that was killed last summer by what we believe was a coyote. We didn't get eggs for a while from the others, then when I did they didn't have shells, & the yolk of one was clear. It took a little while for them to recover, but then they were fine and laid normal eggs.

X2 what Sourland said about stress. I had a bird that was killed last summer by what we believe was a coyote. We didn't get eggs for a while from the others, then when I did they didn't have shells, & the yolk of one was clear. It took a little while for them to recover, but then they were fine and laid normal eggs.
My DH wanted to get a few more pullits now so they would be laying by spring. Now I'm wondering if I shouldn't let them destress this winter and wait til spring.

My DH wanted to get a few more pullits now so they would be laying by spring. Now I'm wondering if I shouldn't let them destress this winter and wait til spring.

The addition of birds to a flock is another stressor. I would suggest adding them now so that all systems will be go in the spring.

:frow
Welcome to BYC!

Thanks for joining. You have come to the right place!

There are alot of amazing people that are willing to help with whatever they can, you can also go
Check out the Learning Center it has tons of great information and articles for just fun reads!

Enjoy!​

Back
Top Bottom