No eggs!

I've got a "I should lay, I will sit in the nest box" Red Sexlink/mutt cross. I think she laid 2 or 3 eggs last year, she's a fall 2018 hen, but she has not laid in a good solid year. Was sitting in a nest box this morning but nothing ever appears in her box. Seems otherwise healthy

Hello all. New member here. I've had chickens for years but have never ran into this issue before. I have a Lavender Orpington hen that is 15 months old and has NEVER laid an egg. She can't be hiding them somewhere and I have matched the eggs I get to the hens laying them. She is very healthy and looks fantastic, seems happy, but just won't lay an egg. The rooster never mates with her either. I am positive it's a hen. Any ideas how to get her laying? I'm getting desperate here. Thanks!!
I've got the same problem with my Buff Orpington. I've had her for over a year now and nothing. I've given up on her. She spends a lot of time looking at herself in the mirror, so I'm convinced that she thinks she's just too darned good-looking to have to work for her keep.

I recently had a problem like that too. However I did know that they were laying, but they were eating their own eggs! Solved that with a roll-away nest box, because nothing else worked.

I think they might not lay eggs if they don't have enough calcium/other nutrients?

Back
Top Bottom