NO FIGHTING!!! I just want to say...

Iowa Roo Mom

Resistance Is Futile
11 Years
Apr 30, 2009
Keokuk County
I just finished watching a documentary on Animal Planet about Michael Vick. (THIS IS NOT intended to cause another HUGE debate about Vick) I just found out that only a handfull of his victims- the dogs- were euthanized. Most went to "doggy rehab" and found loving homes, and one dog in particular became certified as a therapy dog for hospital visits and nursing homes. How exciting! I
love.gif
pit bulls- I own one, who is so incredibly sweet. I hope more people find out about this. Knowledge is the only way pit bulls, as well as many other breeds, will ever be free of their bad rap.

Well, thanks for listening
smile.png
I just had to share what I thougt to be, great news
ya.gif

The problem is that pit bulls came to popularity through fighting, thus the word "pit" in the name, and because of the punks that had them to intimidate people because that was the only way they could be tough. my kids both had pit bulls, and though they never gave me any trouble, I never really trusted them.......

Quote:
I don't blame you at all- While I trust my boy more so than I trust most people- I would never leave him alone with children or strangers. Not because I believe he would ever hurt them, simply because I believe that is being a responsible owner, of any breed for that matter!

What continues to amaze me is the attention Vick is getting for mistreating dogs. What about all them pro players that have shot up people? Don't hear to much about them.

I am truly glad that some of the dogs are doing okay.

St. Louis Humane Society had 400 full blooded pit bulls taken from breeding farms for fighting for adoption. I LOVE pit bulls, our Oreo is part Pit, BUT I would be very leery of these dogs simply because they were bred for fighting and nothing else. I love pits too, our kids have had them for years, but I was always careful about where I left them and who with, and never alone with one of the little kids . . .but on the other hand, a poodle can tear your ankle off, so it just pays to be careful no matter what.

DH and I got a beautiful Pit about a year before I had my daughter (19 years ago). We got her at 6 weeks old, so I know she was never mistreated. She loved people but would get in fights with our other dog and get hold of her neck and not let go until we physically removed her. The other dog would stop when we yelled at them. I just felt like I had to re home her before we had our daughter. I think they do have an instinct to fight other dogs unless you really work with them and even then I would not trust one around a baby, IMO.

Last edited:
vick, a convicted felon, is placed back in the NFL while pete rose who was guilty of no crime is blocked from the baseball hall of fame.
go figure....

I like pit bulls, having been around many. They were all good natured and gentle, even patient with my cats.

I have a black Lab that I will never trust around anyone- human or fowl! Sometimes it's genetics, sometimes it's environment, sometimes?
idunno.gif

I knew most of the dogs were rescued/rehabbed, and I am glad.

My opinion is there are way too many pitbulls at the shelters! Reflects of irresponsible owners! Now everyone is expected to adopt these dogs that are notorious for being aggressive. I don't think everyone should be required to own a pitbull and they are overpopulated. Make some room at the shelters for non aggressive breeds. I hate mean dogs! Although yours is nice; many are not.

Back
Top Bottom