1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

No green or blue for me.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by PotterWatch, Oct 12, 2008.

1. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Well, the long wait for our EE to lay is over. She is about 28wks (I think, no calendar in front of me), and we watched her lay her first one today. It wasn't green or blue [​IMG] , but kind of a tannish/cream color. Oh well, guess that just means I need to get more EEs to get the color I want [​IMG] .

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I have some EE eggs...all blue and green.

3. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Awww man!! I have my first 2 EE's that should start laying in about a month and I'm really, really, really hoping for green or blueish eggs.

I'm hoping mine do a better job of laying those colors than yours did. Sorry, I will be so incredibly disappointed if I don't get green or bluish.

4. GaDawg

GaDawg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    North GA
    oops double post

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  5. GaDawg

GaDawg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    North GA
    yea I kinda know how you feel, out of 4 EE's I'm getting 1 olive green egg, 1 cream and 2 light tan. I too was hoping for a blue egg. oh well i'm going to try again next spring and get some chicks from a more reliable source... if I can find one [​IMG]

but I do like the color of my chickens...[​IMG]

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We have 2 EE's and only one lays a colored egg - olive. The other one is laying light brownish pinky colored eggs. Both of them are HUGE eggs though.

7. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    i understood that they can lay blue shades, green shades and pink shades. I have 2 laying greenish eggs but one is darker than the other.

8. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    That stinks. I have 3 EE's that are 9 weeks old, I hope at least one lays green or blue eggs.

9. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    My 3 EE's give us 3 different shades of greens. Then with our variety of browns - it makes a pretty carton of eggs!
    Definitely get yourself more EE - it makes such a pretty contrast!

10. playmeasong

playmeasong Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2008
    South Jersey
    Well, I have 2 RIW's and 2 EE's, all about 23 wks and none are laying, so it's a relief to hear that some are getting their first eggs later. the ladies are noisy now and pesky, nipping at me and want to run! They hate being penned most of the day but I have to keep them in most of the day and if I let em out it's only like after 5pm.
    Jen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by