No, I don’t have any regrets about eating animals.

Well, there are other reasons for being vegetarian/vegan that haven't been mentioned. It is a religious decision on my part. But I don't want to get all sanctimonious on people, and I make a very conscious effort not to judge. Just thought I'd throw that in the mix....
For me, religious observance is one of the most important motivations for food decisions.

I always go with the saying "Who cares" as in Who cares what you eat as long as you aren't pushing your diet on me. I think Vegetarians, Vegans and meat eats all beating on the other are wrong. Who cares what You eat as long as I don't have you bothering ME with what I eat. It's a Freedom thing and we are all free to do as we wish without judgement by others.

Just like people feel someone being gay has to be discussed. Someone says "I'm gay" like its to be praised and again I say "Who cares". I don't tell you about my bedroom practices and I certainly don't care to hear about yours. Just as some one wanting to judge them for being gay. Who cares, let them live as they are and you should live as you are and everyone needs to stop judging others.

“Judge not, lest ye be judged.” Everyone needs to learn to live their lives and let other live theirs. The courts and a high power can do the judging, you shouldn't think you are so highly important to lecture others on their habits and customs.

I always go with the saying "Who cares" as in Who cares what you eat as long as you aren't pushing your diet on me. I think Vegetarians, Vegans and meat eats all beating on the other are wrong. Who cares what You eat as long as I don't have you bothering ME with what I eat. It's a Freedom thing and we are all free to do as we wish without judgement by others.

Just like people feel someone being gay has to be discussed. Someone says "I'm gay" like its to be praised and again I say "Who cares". I don't tell you about my bedroom practices and I certainly don't care to hear about yours. Just as some one wanting to judge them for being gay. Who cares, let them live as they are and you should live as you are and everyone needs to stop judging others.

“Judge not, lest ye be judged.” Everyone needs to learn to live their lives and let other live theirs. The courts and a high power can do the judging, you shouldn't think you are so highly important to lecture others on their habits and customs.

I couldn't agree more with "who cares" - people can make their own decision and no one has the right to judge. 100% agree.
The great news is that this site, and even this thread, is generally very respectful of others.

I agree. I think people need to stop looking at other's lives and what they do and start looking at their own lives. People are so consumed about what other people do and are missing their lives doing this!

I'm judged all the time for being plant based, but slaughtering chickens for my family to eat :idunnobut honestly I like not fitting in a box that people try to put me in.

For reasons of ethics we're working towards supplying our own meat so that we know how it was raised. When we went dual purpose with the poultry it was like a missing piece of the puzzle was set in place. In the wild, extra roosters would be dealt with through predators, disease or injuries from fighting. In a safe domestic environment, who does it? I don't have to worry about what to do with extra roosters anymore. Now there is an established need for them, so no more worry on how many in a hatch are male. In being dual purpose I have to hatch even more, which then in turns allows for a greater number of options for when selecting for the next generation.

I tried to be vegetarian but my hormones didn't like it one bit and I had to supplement with Iron. So we raise happy chicken and turkeys and get our pork/beef where we can. My brother raised 2 pigs last year and the difference between them and store bought was incredible. We're likely to raise 2 pigs next year.

Every once in awhile a cockerel goes out of his way to be friendly. I have one right now who has learned tricks... coming when called, flying onto my arm or anything I pat my hand on and he helps herd the young Turkeys to bed and he sleeps with them. In the wild he'd be one of those survivor sneaky types who figures it out, so I won't rain on his parade with a dinner invite. He'll finish out to be a pretty good rooster, so he can hang out with the Turkeys until I find him a new flock.

We could get faster chicken with the Cornish X but then I wouldn't have the luxury of keeping the good ones around, since they're born with a very singular and brief purpose. Instead I can work on purebred dual purpose chicken breeds, looking at their type, their width and how they fill a baking pan. How they lay, how healthy they are and how much vigor they have. Keep the good ones going and eat the rest, for the over all improvement of the breed/line.

For reasons of ethics we're working towards supplying our own meat so that we know how it was raised. When we went dual purpose with the poultry it was like a missing piece of the puzzle was set in place. In the wild, extra roosters would be dealt with through predators, disease or injuries from fighting. In a safe domestic environment, who does it? I don't have to worry about what to do with extra roosters anymore. Now there is an established need for them, so no more worry on how many in a hatch are male. In being dual purpose I have to hatch even more, which then in turns allows for a greater number of options for when selecting for the next generation.

I tried to be vegetarian but my hormones didn't like it one bit and I had to supplement with Iron. So we raise happy chicken and turkeys and get our pork/beef where we can. My brother raised 2 pigs last year and the difference between them and store bought was incredible. We're likely to raise 2 pigs next year.

Every once in awhile a cockerel goes out of his way to be friendly. I have one right now who has learned tricks... coming when called, flying onto my arm or anything I pat my hand on and he helps herd the young Turkeys to bed and he sleeps with them. In the wild he'd be one of those survivor sneaky types who figures it out, so I won't rain on his parade with a dinner invite. He'll finish out to be a pretty good rooster, so he can hang out with the Turkeys until I find him a new flock.

We could get faster chicken with the Cornish X but then I wouldn't have the luxury of keeping the good ones around, since they're born with a very singular and brief purpose. Instead I can work on purebred dual purpose chicken breeds, looking at their type, their width and how they fill a baking pan. How they lay, how healthy they are and how much vigor they have. Keep the good ones going and eat the rest, for the over all improvement of the breed/line.
I didn't do Cornish cross because you can't breed them true plus they rarely do good long term. I have dual purpose as well. I'm keeping some for my layer flock and the rest will be meat. I really like the fact that I can grab eggs from my layer flock that can be food or incubated for chicks.

Yes sir..In the rules of this website, rule #11, I broke it, I apologize to all I offended..
You didn't "offend" anyone. From "Studying People" They would say something if they were "offended" about it. Shadrach is probably just doing it for attention. And again, everyone that uses bible verses in their signatures are okay, but you aren't? Come on, like, Really?
They'll probably try to say I'm breaking the TAR for saying this, but, I'm not actually. "Roosterist"

I couldn't agree more with "who cares" - people can make their own decision and no one has the right to judge. 100% agree.
The great news is that this site, and even this thread, is generally very respectful of others.

I can't find it right now but Confucius had a quote about stop worrying what other think and live your life as you like it. For if you hold true to your own ethics you have lived a life worth of inspiring others. or something along that line. Maybe I am remembering it wrong.

The point is your ethics are your own and you can't expect others to live by them. You can only teach by example to inspire other. My father was one of these condescending people. He used to preach religion at the point of a shaking finger. I told him no one has ever been converted by talking to them with a condescending attitude. People are only converted to your opinion and thought by your display of the right way of living as an example.

I read an article one time, on my Fox News app. It was about this guy who went to the beach with his kids. But he kept staring at this woman who was ignoring her children because she was on her phone. He was thinking that she was a bad mom and all sorts of stuff because she couldn't get off her phone. A little while later, he realized he was ignoring his kids because he was too busy judging the phone mom! Point a finger at me and 3 more are pointed right back at ya! Live and let live.

Back
Top Bottom