No, I don’t have any regrets about eating animals.

Pics

Coopscraft

Songster
Jul 6, 2019
Willamette Valley, Oregon, USA
From time to time, it seems people post topics on the meat bird forum that would seem to be designed to respectfully encourage us poultry eaters to consider whether what we are doing is really in good conscience. I just want to state my own opinion that eating animals is actually squarely in line with the nature of the human species. It isn’t a moral corruption of good sentiment, nor is an affinity for meat a backward inability to evolve. The facts of human history, anatomy and biology indicate that humans are primarily carnivorous with the ability to derive nutrients from plants on the side as a backup or supplement. This doesn’t mean you can’t be vegetarian or that vegetarians are inately bad people. But it would be fair to say that those of us who are eating copious quantities of meat are not defying good moral sense either. We are just, as all good predators, being true to our design. There is no conflict of conscience in that.

I like the "to each their own" idea. Do what you want, just don't try to shove it down my throat, or you will likely have it regurgitated right back onto you.

I like meat. I'm personally not too keen on vegans (the militant crazy ones ruin it for the rest of em, is that a nutrient deficiency of some sort rearing it's ugly head??), but again... to each their own.

I like the "to each their own" idea. Do what you want, just don't try to shove it down my throat, or you will likely have it regurgitated right back onto you.

I like meat. I'm personally not too keen on vegans (the militant crazy ones ruin it for the rest of em, is that a nutrient deficiency of some sort rearing it's ugly head??), but again... to each their own.
Exactly, I have at least three friends, very good people, who are or have been vegetarian. If it works for them that is fine. Personally, I feel healthier eating a meat based diet with a minority component of plants. Since cutting back on plants, my blood pressure has improved! But that is not a judgement against anyone else’s situation.

I'm plant based and raise meat for my family so that they can eat healthy. I really enjoy the whole process and it's been something I've wanted to do my whole life. Some people who do certain lifestyles can't separate from it, I was determined to not be one of those people. I actually just hatched 21 chicks and I'm keeping a few, the rest will be for my family to consume. I'm happy that I can provide that for them.

From time to time, it seems people post topics on the meat bird forum that would seem to be designed to respectfully encourage us poultry eaters to consider whether what we are doing is really in good conscience. I just want to state my own opinion that eating animals is actually squarely in line with the nature of the human species. It isn’t a moral corruption of good sentiment, nor is an affinity for meat a backward inability to evolve. The facts of human history, anatomy and biology indicate that humans are primarily carnivorous with the ability to derive nutrients from plants on the side as a backup or supplement. This doesn’t mean you can’t be vegetarian or that vegetarians are inately bad people. But it would be fair to say that those of us who are eating copious quantities of meat are not defying good moral sense either. We are just, as all good predators, being true to our design. There is no conflict of conscience in that.

Actually we are omnivores, not carnivores.
The notion that we are/were predators in the strictest sense is also debatable. What we were was cooperative hunters, hence the description of humans as hunter gatherers. There is a subtle difference.
The argument for vegetarian and vegan diets often has little to do with the eating of meat and more to do with farming practices and economics.
I eat meat.

God has blessed us to be able to provide for our families in multiple ways. That is just one of his many gifts. FortCluck, you continue to keep your family healthy and let the rest go without if that is their choice...
In consideration of those who may be atheist, agnostic or followers of another faith and to comply with the BYC guidelines regarding 'sensitive' subjects, it would be thoughtful if you confine your religious beliefs to the appropriate threads.

Very well worded! Agree 100%

In consideration of those who may be atheist, agnostic or followers of another faith and to comply with the BYC guidelines regarding 'sensitive' subjects, it would be thoughtful if you confine your religious beliefs to the appropriate threads.
Yes sir..In the rules of this website, rule #11, I broke it, I apologize to all I offended..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom