No luck with Mcmurray Hatchery Polish Chicks

Hannahnic14

Crowing
Apr 29, 2021
Middle Tennessee
So I order 4 polish chicks from McMurray Hatchery about 3 weeks ago and only 1 is completely healthy. I've lost 2😔

I lost these 2👇
White - failure to thrive
Silver laced - runt with deformed toe got trampled. Half the size of other chicks

White crested black has a crossbeak

Buff laced is the only one with no deformities.

Is it common with Polish chicks to have genetic issues? Or is it a breeding issue??

Any input is appreciated!!

I just suffered a post office related disaster with My Pet Chicken and despite the final loss being outside the 48 hour time period they refunded everything to me and offered to replace all of them if I wanted. I highly recommend them because of their customer support alone.

Crossbeaks and runts with deformed toes sound like genetic issues to me.

I just suffered a post office related disaster with My Pet Chicken and despite the final loss being outside the 48 hour time period they refunded everything to me and offered to replace all of them if I wanted. I highly recommend them because of their customer support alone.

Crossbeaks and runts with deformed toes sound like genetic issues to me.
Never ordered from them but I may!

Sorry you had a bad experience and sorry for your losses.🙁
I ordered two polish from McMurray last year (June 2020). They were part of a large order. Both were healthy and have not had any problems. One has a bit of a wry tail, but this has not been a problem. This seems to be common in hatchery birds.
I have had two large orders from McMurray and other than the usual few losses within the first 24 hours, all the birds have been healthy.
I agree they have great customer service. Refunded the losses without question.

So I order 4 polish chicks from McMurray Hatchery about 3 weeks ago and only 1 is completely healthy. I've lost 2😔

I lost these 2👇
White - failure to thrive
Silver laced - runt with deformed toe got trampled. Half the size of other chicks

White crested black has a crossbeak

Buff laced is the only one with no deformities.

Is it common with Polish chicks to have genetic issues? Or is it a breeding issue??

Any input is appreciated!!
I may be wrong, but I THINK if you contact the hatchery, they will work with you. They usually have health guarantees of some kind. These particular chicks do not sound healthy. Anyway, it's worth a phone call. They may replace the lost chicks or refund your money. This hatchery has a pretty good reputation, from what I've heard.

Back
Top Bottom