No one told me...

Rest assured that your cost per egg will decrease as you amortize the coop, run, and learning curve over the coming years :)

Lol. That's why I don't mind selling my eggs for a dollar a dozen right now. If I charged what they are "worth," I'd have to charge about $500 per egg! :lau

Lol. That's why I don't mind selling my eggs for a dollar a dozen right now. If I charged what they are "worth," I'd have to charge about $500 per egg! :lau

The eggs might only be worth $1.00 per dozen, but your COST might be closer to $500 per egg. With my coop build, supplies, feed, etc... I am well over $1000 and still looking forward to the first egg.

While out fishing this spring with my brother, he was giving me a bad time saying that he doesn't understand why I am raising chickens when we can buy eggs at the big box store for less than $1.00 per dozen. I replied that was an excellent question. Then I asked him why we were spending about $50 per pound for fish when it is so much cheaper to buy it at the store. Then he started to understand.

...I'D BE SO EXCITED FOR OUR 1ST EGG!

Did a flock check when I got home this afternoon and found this perfect little egg hiding behind the nest boxes :D

Raising chicks was such a fun experience, but it's so great to see all the hard work pay off!
OMG!!!! I know, right? How absolutely wonderful, beautiful an experience....Congratulations on your first $1000 egg...there will be many, many more and the cost becomes nil with the joy and experience....You are good people and thank you for sharing!

OMG!!!! I know, right? How absolutely wonderful, beautiful an experience....Congratulations on your first $1000 egg...there will be many, many more and the cost becomes nil with the joy and experience....You are good people and thank you for sharing!
On our 1st $1000 egg...hahaha! So funny and SO TRUE!

Back
Top Bottom