No progress on day 23

DelR

Chirping
Nov 17, 2020
Help!! I am raising 7 silkie eggs. I put them in lockdown on day 18 and everything seemed fine. I left them in there besides when I needed to put more water in there. Yesterday, we were getting concerned because it had been day 22 and there has been no rolling of eggs, no chirping, no pipping, etc. I checked ONE egg last night very quickly and there was an air bubble in there at the far end of the egg. Didn’t check long enough to see movement, but I could’ve sworn I say feathers in there coming off the chick as well. This is my first time incubating so please give me info and reassurance if there can be any!!

Have you been candling throughout?

Do you have a calibrated thermometer in your bator?

What temperature and humidity are you running?
Also, did you calibrate them? Built in temperature and humidity sensors are almost always wrong.
My temp is 37.5°C and my incubator has no humidity sensor so I’ve basically been winging it. It’s awful I know. I feel confident my humidity is decent, there are water droplets along the sides(not all the way up) and there is a water tray at the bottom so that the eggs don’t get water on them.

Have you been candling throughout?

Do you have a calibrated thermometer in your bator?
Yes! I candled my eggs quite a bit throughout. About 2 had issues along the way but that was way earlier in the incubator process. I candled all of them before lockdown and they all looked good. Cant tell if I should be worried or not

Also...its not going to be the end of the world if you candle each egg to see what's going on.
Do it tonight when it gets dark.
Look for this...movement along the edge of the aircell. Pay attention to the aircell itself...notice if it is drawn down the egg like this one in the video.

My temp is 37.5°C and my incubator has no humidity sensor so I’ve basically been winging it. It’s awful I know. I feel confident my humidity is decent, there are water droplets along the sides(not all the way up) and there is a water tray at the bottom so that the eggs don’t get water on them.
Shoot. Water droplets is not good. That means it's too high.

Humidity being too high can ruin a hatch.
Next time be sure to get a humidity gauge and salt test it before you use it.

Back
Top Bottom