No window in the incubator

Have you already set eggs in it? If not, I would cut a hole in it somewhere and make a window with some plexiglas.
Ok, I see you just posted that it’s too late to add a window now. I can’t imagine hatching without looking, but I’m sure if you are very patient and just wait until they seem to be done hatching, you can open it and check then.
On thier 11th day

Looking at your picture it looks like you will be able to see movement inside. I know that the temptation to check for pips 12 times a day can be hard to resist but leave it alone. The reason you don't want to open up a lot is to keep the humidity up for hatching. That being said a quick check every few hours won't be the end of the world. Just make it quick and get it closed back up.
And I would make sure to add a window before trying my next hatch. Their are lots of video's teaching you how if your not sure.
I didn't find any such video

Yeah, as long as you get your materials together, it won't hurt the eggs to be without heat while you add a window. Just watch the temperature afterwards to make sure it's where it needs to be, a window, even if you tape it up carefully, is still going to let out more heat. It's fixable if you notice it, but a problem if you don't.

Yeah, as long as you get your materials together, it won't hurt the eggs to be without heat while you add a window. Just watch the temperature afterwards to make sure it's where it needs to be, a window, even if you tape it up carefully, is still going to let out more heat. It's fixable if you notice it, but a problem if you don't.
Ok thanks

Back
Top Bottom