Non-chicken related Ebay rant, vent, frustration!!

Quote:
I've been a seller too, and I would never dream of filing a non payment dispute against someone who paid right away. Especially after they had to give me a refund and handled that very well, until they chose to file a dispute in which they are clearly wrong.

JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN

I'm sure they would love to give me negative feedback, they tried when rebutting my negative feedback.

By the way, I'm not a crook.

Last edited:
open your own dispute against them

i had the same thing happen twice this week with two differant sellers, i bought and paid for an item then i contact them for a tracking number (5days later) to then be told they don't have it in stock??? how can they auction something they dont have? fruad thats how. i have disputes on both .
i too am a seller but i never had to open a dispute to get fees refunded. they're bs'ing or ebay ignorant.

I know it makes no sense, but your seller is doing exactly what ebay has set up in order to get credit for his final value fees. Ebay should have a better way to do this, but we could spend a whole year discussing what ebay should do better.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/unpaid-item-process.html

Look at 2) second part. ... "Mutual agreement indication. If the seller indicates that a mutual agreement has been reached with the buyer not to complete the transaction, eBay will ask the buyer for confirmation through an email and pop-up message." "If the buyer confirms the seller's statement about mutual agreement not to complete the transaction, the buyer will not receive an Unpaid Item strike and the seller will receive a Final Value Fee credit."

And if you REALLY want help with an ebay problem... go to the ANSWER CENTER ~~ http://pages.ebay.com/community/answercenter/index.html ~~ manned 24/7 by VOLUNTEERS who know more how ebay works than most of their paid staff.

Last edited:
i'm an ebay seller also and sometimes i buy as well. asher and greyhorse are both right. ur seller is doing it right to obtain seller fees back, ebay needs to revise a better way of doing it.

i had to do that a few weeks ago for someone in italy that bought eggs from me cuz i don't ship international. if u do not respond it will take longer for them to close the dispute. they can close it with mutually agree to both not compleate it and u will not get a strike against u. if u respond they can then close it if not there is noway to close it till the 8th day after it is filed. he should have told u what he was doing first so u understood it. if u do get a strike then go back after ebay to fight it it's the only way ebay can intervien. he's not doing it personally against u it's the only way he can get it back due to the way ebay system is. ebay fees have increased greatly compaired to what they were. i used to list for about $1 a listing now it is almost $3 a listing counting all the fees plus paypal fees on top of it.
hope that helps,
silkie

I appreciate you trying to explain things to me, but I already understand how things work.

This seller does not have to open an unpaid dispute against ME, to try and recover fees from EBAY.
This seller does not even understand what he is doing.
This seller does not reply to the dispute with any sense, just one word or something followed by .....Sigh......
This seller is in the wrong.

I have been a seller, and a buyer, I should not be put through this because of a dishonest, dumb, seller.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like the guy was trying to get EBAY to give him the money he had ro refund you. Pulling a scam.
He gets the P.O.S. claranets, AND the money.
He was just too dumb to do it right.
It wouldn't work anyway, EBAY won't refund money that was lost in a transaction anyway.
This guy is a Moron.

I hate EBAY anymore. I use to use it a few years ago but everything went down hill when they shifted from an auction to a cheap storefront.

Now I can't sell or auction anything on EBAY because no one will buy from a "newbe" with fewer than 10,000 transactions.
I use craig's list. I Post it-they call me-come look at whatever i'm selling- and buy it or not.
CASH---no paypal, checkes, M.O.s, no reports of "I never got it" even with a signed receipt from UPS. People are dishonest and are not to be trusted. Chickens are better.

Sounds to me like the guy was trying to get EBAY to give him the money he had ro refund you. Pulling a scam.
He gets the P.O.S. claranets, AND the money.

That doesn't make sense. Sorry. The only thing he would get back is fees. And if he messed up and refunded, the transaction WAS mutually cancelled (he's supposed to pick the option that it was mutually cancelled and buyer sent the item back or whatever) and he can get back his final value fees, I believe.

eBay wouldn't refund the full price. Ever. They are a rich company and they are rich for a reason.
barnie.gif
Not fair, but rich. heh

Now I can't sell or auction anything on EBAY because no one will buy from a "newbe" with fewer than 10,000 transactions.

I sell all of the time. I have wayyyyy less than 10,000 transactions. heh​

Years ago I had a problem with a seller that I purchased a small item from and never received it. The seller closed their account immediately, probably opened another account under another name, but after screwing a lot of people.
This is the first time I have ever come up against something like this where I have no recourse against false charges against me. It's like being sent to prison when innocent because someone said you were guilty and you never got a trial.

As a seller I've never had a single problem.

It almost sounds like he's ticked that he can't leave negative so he's doing the only thing that he can on eBay these days. Which DOES suck and is absolutely NOT right at all. I'm sorry about that. :-(

I still think eBay messed up big time by taking away all of the sellers rights except that, though. :-(

Back
Top Bottom