Non-chicken related Ebay rant, vent, frustration!!

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
I purchased 3 student clarinets from Janco420, they were advertised as student models. When I got them they were just too low quality and had some keying issues. So I contacted them and said send them back for full refund so I did, and they did a full refund on the 19th of June.
Then the nightmare starts,, on June 20 they filed a non-payment dispute against me!
I contacted them and asked them how they could file a non-payment against me when they had just refunded that payment the day before? They say they are just trying to recover their fees from Ebay not me, and don't seem to care that they filed against me not Ebay!
I contacted Ebay, by the way they have no phone number just online help, and was told by Ebay that only the seller can have that dispute dropped and that I should talk to them,, which I told them over and over again I HAVE talked to them! The person who was helping me on the online chat said they could even see where I had paid, where it had been refunded, and where Janco said they were trying to recover fees from ebay not me but they STILL CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!!!
How can Ebay not have any control over crap like this??????? I've been an Ebayer for years and never have I run into this.
The representative said they can't do anything until it turns into and actual non payment strike against me, THEN I can contact them and ask them to remover and THEN they can look over it and talk with Janco and see what can be done. What a crock!!!!
Oh,, and when I went and left negative feedback for Janco they contacted me to ask why.....

I had an Ebay rant too. Someone sold me a stolen cell phone. After 3 weeks, it was still on someone else's account, and I could not activate it. Paypal helped me dispute it, and I got my money back. The guy left negative feedback on me, and Ebay wouldn't take it off without legal action. A few weeks later, they changed the rules so that sellers cannot leave negative feedback, but mine was already listed. I, too, had a 99% score.
Anyhoo, Now I NEVER do business until I read their feedback, and I NEVER do business with a newbie anymore. If they have less than 50 posts, I don't bid.

This guy has 6402 feedbacks with a 98% rating. I went through them and made sure to find all the negative feedbacks and most of them sounded like sour grapes. They were things like the g string snapped on a new violin, or the case had a scratch. I didn't find anything like the trouble I'm having. When I emailed them and they said right away to send them back I did, they did the refund right away. Boy was I shocked when they hit me with that dispute.
I can't believe Ebay can't do anything, paypal can't help me because they did refund the money.

I dont like how sellers cant leave negative feedback. it isnt right. If you get a buyer, who takes days to pay, and whatever else, I want to leave them negative feedback. Now Ebay just wants to give everybody a trophy, no matter if they are a good buyer/seller or not.

Sorry about your problems. Good Luck

I for one am glad right now they can't, I can only imagine what that jerk would say about me! I paid right up front, immediately!
Another issue there Sundown is Sellers should leave feedback first anyway. Feedback is based on the buyers speed and integrity of payment. I refuse to leave feedback for a seller who wants to base his feedback on mine. My feedback is the item and seller, his is on my payment.
This idiot acted nice as pie and refunded my money and then has the nerve to file non payment??? Then ask why I left negative feedback??? I was prepared to leave positive feedback until that.

When I have a buyer, I leave feedback after I ship their item. It is usually always positive.

I can understand that they would want their ebay fees back, but they sold you something that was not as described. They should have never filed a dispute, and they should have dealed with their loss, because it was their fault.

They said they are trying to get their fees back from Ebay,, FROM ebay,, they filed on me. I've started a campaign against them and I'm contacting everyone that has left negative feedback and having them leave follow up feedback. They want to get ugly, I can do it.

It sounds like ebay is getting worse and worse. I was going to try and sale some stuff on there but after getting sold mutts as purebreds and never getting a result (i.e. refund, new egg shipment) I'm done with that and hearing all the horror stories I don't think I will even try to sale stuff on there.

Back
Top Bottom