Non slip Boots for muddy duck yard that are easy to get on and off?

I'm a vote for Muck boots or BOGS. I've been able to minimize mud in the duck pen by laying down a thick layer of wood pellets (the kind you use in a wood stove) with wood shavings on top. The pellets break down when they get wet and it all mixes to form a cork-like surface that absorbs water. Works well for me.

Xtratufs, the only boot that is actually nonslip, and I've tried many, many boots, nothing compares. While they might not be the warmest in winter snow, I wear them throughout the year even in winter because they provide the most traction, even on ice. They're as comfortable as a pair of sneakers.
I have 3 pairs of 15" high, and 2 pair of low tops. I wear them 365 days a year (dresses with xtratufs are a high style thing here too, lol.)

Last edited:
Xtratufs, the only boot that is actually nonslip, and I've tried many, many boots, nothing compares. While they might not be the warmest in winter snow, I wear them throughout the year even in winter because they provide the most traction, even on ice. They're as comfortable as a pair of sneakers.
I have 3 pairs of 15" high, and 2 pair of low tops. I wear them 365 days a year (dresses with xtratufs are a high style thing here too, lol.)
I was going to reply that Xtratufs were my main summer shoes when I lived in Alaska... then I saw you are located there! :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom