Non-spill duckling waterer

That i can honestly say i have not seen before? how does one make something like that?
It's modified pvc, an air tight container, and rubber seals. It seriously cuts down on the mess. The babies still dribble water out of their beaks, but not too bad considering the alternatives. I got tired of swampy duckling brooders so this is what I came up with. I put a swim pan on top of a plastic tote lid in their brooder box once per day for a few hours.

Here is a pic, sorry it's a little dark, my one light is out. You can see the little metal tray I prop the waterer peeking out at the top.

this looks like a great idea, Im going to be brooding my first ducks this week. I think Im going to be going through my containers and dcreat something similar. Thanks so much for the idea!!

Thanks for the great ideas! Here's the waterer I made from an Ocean Spray CranGrape bottle. My ducklings seem to like it!

Lori

For baby duck waterers, I used rectangular boot trays which I had used for growing baby plants in. I bought them from Garden's Supply. I made a light-weight wooden frame and placed it in the boot tray. Then I attached strong small holed wire to the top of the wooden frame. The waterer sits on top of the wire and they easily climb up and down off the platform and the excess water they fling around drops down into the tray.

I have an old plastic cold water tank, pvc tubing to these auto fill cup drinkers, ducks never use them but the chickens worked it out in no time.

drinker.jpg

For baby duck waterers, I used rectangular boot trays which I had used for growing baby plants in. I bought them from Garden's Supply. I made a light-weight wooden frame and placed it in the boot tray. Then I attached strong small holed wire to the top of the wooden frame. The waterer sits on top of the wire and they easily climb up and down off the platform and the excess water they fling around drops down into the tray.

Back
Top Bottom