CannedMonster

Free Ranging
5 Years
Nov 26, 2017
Southwest Idaho
Hello! Hello! Greetings BYC people. I have been reading and lurking on this site for probably a year or two now lol.

I finally got my chickens recently! We live in southern Idaho and bought a house (3 months ago) on about 1/2 an acre.

We (my husband & I) love small town/rural living and I am a new chicken keeper and just barely starting to learn to quilt. (I don't know what is more fun- all the different chicken breeds or all the different fabrics! )
I also love reading (fiction & non-fiction), movies, music (especially Blues) and animals. We also have a 9 yr old Pomeranian/Sheltie mix named Charlie and a 4 yr old Tortie cat named Miss Kitty.

I have 5 chickens right now.
I got my rooster Hector about 2 months ago. He's a Dark Brahma bantam; about 6 months old. My former neighbor and friend lives within the city limits and couldn't keep him. So of course I offered to take him. I'm glad I did because he is not aggressive and has excellent rooster instincts.

I also recently acquired 4 pullets. Three Silver Laced Black Wyandottes and one Golden Comet. Their names are Feisty (GC), Coco, Penelope & Pepper. They were bought at TSC & raised by my friend's broody game hen. She asked me if I would take them after they feathered out and I definitely wanted pullets raised by this very smart game hen.

I'm excited to add to my flock when we can build a bigger coop.

Hector is so excited to have these girls here now. He was very lonely I think.
He does his "wing dance" but at 11 weeks old, they're not interested lol. I'm glad he's the same size as them right now because he can't hurt them.

I look forward to learning from everyone and am glad to be part of the community.

Hello:frow
Welcome to BYC!!
So glad to have you here!!
Thanks for sharing your story!!
There are many people on here that are ready to help in anyway they can!
The learning center also has alot of great information on it as well!
Enjoy!:wee
Thank you! yes I have already learned much just from lurking but I can never get enough discussion about chickens. :love

G’Day from down under ChooksNQuilts :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

Personally, I have found the Topic of the Week articles a great resource and a one stop shop for questions which may have already been discussed within the BYC membership group.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom