Normal poop?

Djgm

Songster
May 9, 2020
Northern NJ
My babies are only 2 weeks old, I’m assuming only one is pooping like this, as I don’t always see it, and well, 4 out of 7 have pooped on me 😂😂 Being a new chicken Mom, I wasn’t sure if this is normal baby poop or not. Nobody seems sick, sluggish, or any type of other symptom. The only non chick feed food I’ve given them is yogurt and watermelon, and very little of both. Yup, I’ve got chick grit in with them, they seem to think it’s a dust bath 🤦🏼‍♀️ but I do see them munching on it occasionally. Oh! And I'm feeding them Purina Chick Starter, non medicated.

Attachments

• A18A28C2-FB86-4349-81F9-2ACDAD25DF98.png
    A18A28C2-FB86-4349-81F9-2ACDAD25DF98.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
Honestly, at 2 weeks I wouldn't give them anything but the chick starter and fresh, clean water. They are growing rapidly, will be feathering out and they need the protein in the starter, anything else is going reduce their intake. It could just be from the watermelon and yogurt. I would stop that and see if it gets better. They will have occasional cecal droppings, which will look creamier than the regular droppings. If any of them act sick, or lethargic, or stop eating or drinking, then it could be something else. If they are acting normal otherwise, then I'd see if just chick food resolves it.

Honestly, at 2 weeks I wouldn't give them anything but the chick starter and fresh, clean water. They are growing rapidly, will be feathering out and they need the protein in the starter, anything else is going reduce their intake. It could just be from the watermelon and yogurt. I would stop that and see if it gets better. They will have occasional cecal droppings, which will look creamier than the regular droppings. If any of them act sick, or lethargic, or stop eating or drinking, then it could be something else. If they are acting normal otherwise, then I'd see if just chick food resolves it.
Ahhhh, so that could just be cecal? None of them have stopped eating, they eat, and eat, and eat and eat lol. I only gave them tiny amounts of the watermelon and yogurt much later in the day, but no more...Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom