North Carolina

Newbie here from Chatham County. I live in between Pittsboro and Goldston now but I grew up in Silk Hope.

My wife and I are just starting out and we would really like to start with barred rock pullets. Does anybody know where I could buy some in Central NC that are not debeaked? Why do they do that anyway? Maybe the answers are on this forum but I haven't found them yet. This is an awesome site but a bit overwhelming at first.

hello from lenoir
wink.png

We are the lucky ones in Cary with more then 1+ acre of land. Outside the city limit.
18 chickens and looking for more(salmon favorelle, cuckoo maran? It feels country living but with the benefits of the city.
I would like to meet more chicken family's in wake county.
smile.png

Soooooo many North Carolinians!!!! How wonderful!!! Welcome to the forum neighbors!!!!

Most of the feed stores in your towns will carry or order chickens for you or know of local sellers...might check all those first. Good luck and again, glad you found the site!!

welcome-byc.gif
from Fayetteville
frow.gif

We are the lucky ones in Cary with more then 1+ acre of land. Outside the city limit.

Are you a neighbor?? I will PM you.​

I am near Asheville, I have ten chickens now, looking to add a few standard hens that are already laying if anyone has some for sale nearby. Would love some easter eggers or Marans, but also interested in Barred Rocks, Cochins, Waynodettes- generally open minded.

Andrea

Back
Top Bottom