North Carolina

I am 99% sure she is a girl... I've rabbits since I was a teen..... a looonnnngggg time ago
lau.gif
lau.gif
She is a she.

Let me know if you are heading to the auction, I can meet you there after Church.

My going to the auction depends on SoS and those EEs
gig.gif
but I'm always up for what you want to do......I think
lau.gif

I have no doubt you know your bunnies.......just figured it's funny the way the auctioneer calls what he wants on some things.

My going to the auction depends on SoS and those EEs
gig.gif
but I'm always up for what you want to do......I think
lau.gif

I have no doubt you know your bunnies.......just figured it's funny the way the auctioneer calls what he wants on some things.

Let me get ahold of my friend, and let her know I will be bird napping the EE's on Sunday, and I should have news for you tomorrow evening after she gets off work! :)

I am planning on placing an order to mcmurray hatchery next month sometime and was wondering if anyone near mcdowell or buncombe would like to order with me. This would share the cost of shipping between multiple people and possibly a discount per bird if we order the same breeds. I am planning on ordering some cochins, brahams, and silkies and maybe some new hampshires.

If you are interested PM me because sometimes this thread moves really fast and I can't read it all even though I try.

PS: The more people we can get to go in the cheaper it will be for everyone. Thanks!

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I have not even been outside yet.
Heading out now to get the kids off to school, bus comes so stinking early.
hmm.png

Good Morning Everyone!! It is definitely COLD outside!! I have been having fun trying to keep up with the posts, but boy you all sure are chatty lately. See what happens?? I go away for a few days and BOOM, everyone gets into the mood to talk...and I'm too busy getting resettled that I miss "important" stuff!!
gig.gif
Thank you for your warm welcome backs!! I had a great time, but honestly I am SO thankful to be back home. I missed hearing my "wake up" calls in the morning while packing DH's lunch for the day!!

I am jealous of all of you who have eggs!! I think mine may be molting as their back (saddle area??) feathers are all white and looks like a down feather pillow losing it's stuffing!!?? Not sure what a molting chicken looks like, but they're not naked, so who knows. All I can say is my cochin ladies are being faithful and laying approximately 1 a day!! The "mutt" is still laying but not every day, so who knows with her!!

VFem - I was thinking of you yesterday!! I had to go to the grocery store and pick up some frozen fruit for DD and I and the price of the organic frozen fruit seems to have jumped overnight. I kept thinking how cool would it be to have a stock pile like VFem!! Then you go and ruin my moment by posting that you are out of blackberries....LOL Keep your fingers crossed, I am ordering our seed packets today to start our garden next month!! Not sure how it will go being due at the same time as planting or weeding and caring for them afterwards, but we will see. I am DETERMINED to get something out of the ground!! We are even planting some popcorn and oats (yay) so we should have some great straw to line the nesting boxes with and perhaps scatter in the run to soak up the mud. You DO make house calls for gardening, right?? LOL

I am planning on placing an order to mcmurray hatchery next month sometime and was wondering if anyone near mcdowell or buncombe would like to order with me. This would share the cost of shipping between multiple people and possibly a discount per bird if we order the same breeds. I am planning on ordering some cochins, brahams, and silkies and maybe some new hampshires.

If you are interested PM me because sometimes this thread moves really fast and I can't read it all even though I try.

PS: The more people we can get to go in the cheaper it will be for everyone. Thanks!

I prefer using Ideal, they are cheaper shipping wise and don't have a 25 minimum on chicks only a 25$ minimum order. I used them last year, and am going to get a few spitzhauben pullets and possibly a few other layers. If you like LF brahma Ideal actually produces some decent birds, my brahma flock is mostly ideal stock, but you really wouldn't believe their hatchery birds.

Back
Top Bottom