North Carolina

RF, I think it went really well! I was happy (other then the danged wind)! I guess asking Alex would be best... I think she enjoyed it!?
ya.gif

Congrats Vfem......so glad it went well
highfive.gif

D.gif
We looked everywhere in town, and online too. Finally found it at Progressive Gardener on Oleander Dr. Be sure you get the food grade DE, the other stuff is easier to find, but you have to get food grade. What kind of chickens do you plan to get? We started with 3, and it has snowballed!! We are truly addicted!! And, loving it!!

Debbie

Hi.I am new...no chicks yet either. I live in Leland not to far from you. I was wondering where you get your DE from or any suggestions where I should look.

Hi everyone, I'm in NC, too. We live in Liberty, which is just outside Burlington. I've been on this site about a year but never noticed this thread. Guess I've been missing out!

Beautiful little goat babies!!

Editing to add:

I have a flock of about 8 guineas, who are free-range. Great bug-eaters. I got the first four guineas from a neighbor and incubated and raised babies. Plan on raising some more this year if I find eggs.

Also have 12 RIRs that are free range but come in to their house at night. We just raise them for the yummy eggs, for us and friends and family. Love having them around. I'm learning more and more about poultry. I have a great incubator and a whole "bird room" in my barn for the "in-between" (between brooder and free-range) so I wouldn't mind raising some more variety.

Also have 55 BW Quail eggs in the incubator, on day 9. My husband is building a fly pen, where he will raise the quail to hunt.

any where in nc to get smaller bags of pasture grasses for goats?

How do you keep the wood chips in my brooder out of the chicks water???? They are driving me crazy with putting the chips in the water and then it absorbs all their water so Im like cleaning and refilling their water 4x a day...prob my ODC kickin in too...lol.

How do you keep the wood chips in my brooder out of the chicks water???? They are driving me crazy with putting the chips in the water and then it absorbs all their water so Im like cleaning and refilling their water 4x a day...prob my ODC kickin in too...lol.
I put mine up on a small piece of 4x4. Or last time I had it up on 3 bricks (2 on bottom, 1 on top) both worked great in keeping shavings out of the waterer.

As the chicks grow you can place the waterer up on a block. 4x a day sounds about right when the shavings are at the same height as the waterer. I like when you clean the waterer put it in and the have it full of shavings in less then 10 minutes.
barnie.gif

Matt

Back
Top Bottom